Senior Purchasing Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/4/2020
END DATE 8/9/2020
Unified Physician Management
Boca Raton, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Number1059Boca Raton,Florida
Unified Women s Healthcare is a company dedicated to caring for Ob-Gyn providers who care for others, be they physicians or their support staff. A team of like-minded professionals with significant business and healthcare experience, we operate with a singular mindset - great care needs great care. We take great pride in not just speaking about this, but executing on it.
As a company, our mission is to be an indispensable source of business knowledge, innovation and support to the practices in our network. We are advocates for our Ob-Gyn medical affiliates enabling them to focus solely on the practice of medicine while we focus on the business of medicine.
We are action oriented. We strategize, implement and execute on behalf of the practices we serve.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Senior Purchasing Specialist will be responsible for the purchasing (Generation of Purchase orders) of GPO materials, supplies, capital equipment, leasing and maintenance services at the most favorable terms for the organization. The Senior Purchasing Specialist (SENIOR BUYER) will also qualify vendors, evaluate bids, and negotiate prices and terms. They will communicate with Care Centers, internal departments and external Financial services companies. They will track purchases, monitor vendor quality, and maintain databases consisting of vendor information and lease assumption and transfers. They will negotiate, source, GPO contracts (Group Purchasing) and non-GPO products as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: * Lease equipment and assignments. Purchasing of materials, supplies, and maintenance services. Generation of Purchase Orders.
* Qualify vendors, evaluate bids, and negotiate prices and terms
* Monitor vendor quality and maintain vendor database
* Travel or Other duties as assigned
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: * Bachelor s Degree or equivalent experience in a related field and a minimum three years of experience in a forecasting, contract negotiation and/or buying role.
* Solid understanding of GPO purchasing and contracting.
* Hands on experience with ERP systems, NetSuite and Sales Force as a preference.
* Experience in data migration process & tools, with an attention to detail, along with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
* Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information, inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
* Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, pivot tables, VLOOKUP.
* SharePoint experience preferred
* Minimal travel as needed to Care Center or vendor locations 5%
* Self-motivated with a results-oriented approach to daily tasks and responsibilities.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
* Excellent problem solver and a self-starter.
* Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities/projects and proven ability.
* Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex information and processes to an audience and upper management.