RN Clinical Research Specialist- FT- Heart Center Research- INTEGRIS Baptist Medical Center
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/5/2020
END DATE 8/13/2020
Oklahoma City, OK
JOB DESCRIPTIONLooking for a Register Nurse to be responsible for specific clinical research studies.
Must be a Registered Nurse and research experience preferred
Clinical Research Specialist
Job Code: 1863
The Clinical Research Specialist is responsible for specific clinical research studies as assigned. This includes the identification, consent process, randomization, administration of study drugs, data collection/completion. Monitors eligible patients enrolled in research protocols in accordance with FDA required Good Clinical Practice. Incumbents' in this position may be required to take call. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Clinical Research Specialist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Identifies patients for clinical studies
* Collects data as required by the study protocol. Functions may include but not limited to: vital signs, ECGs, ABPM, phlebotomy, including IVs
* Process and ship lab specimens as required by the protocol.
* Prepares documents for submission to the INTEGRIS Health Review Board, the INTEGRIS legal department and to the sponsor for review
* Collaborates with appropriate staff in the selection and feasibility of clinical studies
* Provides education for the staff, patients and their families regarding research protocols, study medications and clinical procedures
* May be required to write admitting orders and orders for the implementation of research protocols
* Adjusts medications according to the study protocol in collaboration with the physician
* Administer drugs according to protocol and maintains drug accountability in collaboration with the patient and sponsor
* Inventories study drug and maintains drug accountability logs.
* Maintains research records including: source documents, case report forms, and system EMR.
* Prepares for and participates in sponsor monitoring visits, study initiation and closeout visits.
* Responsible for tracking and maintaining the quality and integrity of research trials.
* National travel for research studies as needed for Study Coordinators.
Reports to Director CV Clinical Integration (ICP Only).
Reports to INTEGRIS Health VP NZTI/ACC (NZTI, & IATR Only).
Reports to the Clinical Research Supervisor or Manager (IATR/NZTI)
Reports to the Research Supervisor (ICIO)
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation): Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Possible exposure to infectious blood and body fluid, sharps, hazardous radiation and chemicals, inhalation of gas, and electrical shock and back injury while working in patient care areas; must use standard precautions.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* Current professional Oklahoma license to include Registered Nurse (RN), Physical Therapist (PT), Respiratory Therapist or related field
* 3 years clinical experience
* Bachelors degree in related field may substitute for current professional license
* Professional license is not required but preferred
* Previous research experience required NZTI Only
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English
* Some travel maybe required