Assistant Girls Wrestling Coach
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/5/2020
END DATE 8/8/2020
Corpus Christi, TX
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: * Valid teaching certificate appropriate for level and assignment.
* CPR/First Aid/AED
* CDL License (If not secured by start date, must be obtained within 6 months)
* Must be willing to coach 2 sports (Tennis and Golf are considered 2 sports)
TECHNOLOGY PROFICIENCY : Level 2 Applied * Applied use of computer operations
* Applied use of software productivity tools (i.e., Microsoft Office)
* Applied use of e-mail
* Applied use of printers
* Applied use of job-related financial and student management systems
* Applied use of multimedia tools
* Applied use of electronic file management
* Applied use of Technology Applications TEKS
* Ability to manipulate tools/equipment keyboards
* CCISD Acceptable Use Policy and Technology Ethics/Etiquette
EXPERIENCE: * Preference will be given for experience as a middle school coach.
To help develop an athletic program under the leadership of the principal, the director of athletics and the athletic coordinator/head coach of the high school. To help each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self esteem. To provide students an opportunity to participate in an extra-curricular athletic activity that will foster physical skills, a sense of worth and competence, a knowledge and understanding of the pleasure of sports, and the principle of fair play. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS: * Is responsible for teaching the same offensive and defensive formations, basic techniques, terminology and drills as required by the athletic coordinator and/or head coach.
* Cooperates and participates in the implementation of an off-season program.
* Compiles statements of needs (equipment, supplies and maintenance) along with inventory to insure the securing of essential supplies and equipment for program operation during the year.
* Demonstrates loyalty and respect to the head coach and the program.
* Demonstrates loyalty to the administration and supports its policies and decisions.
* Establishes rapport and a spirit of cooperation with other members of the coaching staff.
* Is courteous and cooperative in dealing with parents and patrons.
* Establishes rapport with players without compromising team discipline or disrupting the lines of authority that are essential for an effective player/coach relationship.
* Has the ability to perform under game conditions. Demonstrates poise, decisiveness and the ability to utilize personnel wisely.
* Develops and utilizes a well organized practice schedule that allows maximum team and individual instruction opportunities.
* Demonstrates leadership techniques essential in developing athletes with the values of competitive athletics, acceptable personal behavior, and team commitment.
* Displays enthusiasm and initiative in execution of job responsibilities.
* Consistently enforces individual and team discipline as outlined in athletic code.
* Communicates concerns and/or problems that arise concerning all aspects of athletic program in keeping with the chain of command. Works to provide input for possible solutions and/or improvements to athletic program.
* Encourages athletes to participate in the total program and helps them to develop pride and to excel in the sport and/or sports of their choice.
* Cooperates with the athletic trainer and/or team doctor in the treatment of athletic injuries. Assumes responsibility for the well-being of all athletes under his/her supervision.
* Is responsible for proper care and maintenance of all athletic equipment.
* Is responsible for attending meetings necessary to implement UIL/CCISD rules and policies. Keeps up to date on UIL rules and changes and CCISD rules and policies.
* Is responsible for retrieving equipment from athletes.
* Assumes responsibility for the general management and safety of athletic fields, dressing rooms and/or gymnasiums.
* Responsible for securing physical examinations, insurance, eligibility, emergency card, parent permission forms and other paperwork from each athlete before they are allowed to participate.
* Is responsible for turning in requisitions and various CCISD forms (on time and completed) for program essentials through the athletic coordinator/head coach and/or Office of Athletics.
* Is responsible for inputting bus requisitions, properly filled out with accurate information, submitted prior to beginning of the season.
* Is responsible for turning in meal and/or travel expense at the beginning of the season and receipts and paperwork reports no later than five days after the competition.
* Serves as a cooperative and loyal member of the coaching staff and provides leadership to every part of the athletic program as well as to the total school program.
* Cooperates with community agencies and press. Notifies news media promptly after events and gives accurate information on outcome of games/meets.
* Is responsible for planning consistent and continuous efforts in maintaining good working relationships with parents, boosters, athletes, teachers and staff.
* Participates in parent s night, banquets, award assemblies and/or pep rallies.
* Is responsible for representing the school and school district in a professional manner by attending faculty/coaches meetings. Staff development workshops; parent conferences, community/school functions, and dressing appropriately for work.
* Is responsible for attending all in-service training programs required by the school district. Is punctual and attentive during in-service training meetings.
* Is responsible for the behavior of athletes and themselves during practice and game situations. Assures that no physical and/or verbal abuse and/or inappropriate language is used toward players.
* Prepares and keeps current a detailed inventory of all equipment, fixtures and properties of program.
* Maintain a good professional relationship with coaches from other schools.
* Be willing to spend extra time in meeting with principal, head coach, athletic coordinator, or Office of Athletics to insure proper preparation for coaching assignment. (This may require some weekend or normal vacation-time work)
* Be responsible for encouraging athletes to perform well in academic areas.
* To perform well in academic assignment area and realize that coaches are a vital part of the school faculty and have the same responsibility as any other teacher in their assigned academic area.
* Accept criticism that is designed to bring about positive performance.
* Is dressed appropriately at games and practices.
* Exhibit mature behavior during and after contest regardless of outcome.
* Performs other duties as assigned by the principal, high school athletic coordinator and/or Office of Athletics.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
WORKING CONDITIONS: * Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written); interpret policy, procedures and data; coordinate district functions and maintain emotional control under stress.
* Frequent district and statewide travel; Continual walking and standing; moderate lifting and carrying; stooping, bending, kneeling, and reaching. Works outside (exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather) and inside.
The above statements are intended to describe the general process and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required. REPORTS TO/SUPERVISES:
REPORTS TO: Director for Athletics, Campus Principal, Athletic Coordinator, Head Coach