Senior Supply & Demand Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/5/2020
END DATE 8/10/2020
The SENIOR SUPPLY AND DEMAND ANALYST provides business and technical expertise in planning and purchasing processes and leverage knowledge of ERP Supply and Demand planning modules. Achieves goals through the development of people, systems & reporting and procedures to improve utilization of resources, maximize throughput, and reduce overall inventories.
RESPONSIBILITIES: * Analyze information across our Supply and Demand planning process.
* Create requirements to implement planning systems and tools to support our current and future business.
* Analyze trends, manage & respond appropriately to inventory levels quickly using planning and forecasting tools.
* Development and management of planning tools, databases and reporting repositories (including Business Intelligence).
* Managing obsolete and excess inventory levels.
* Manage inventory levels to achieve fill rate goals and turns.
* Review and optimize Materials Requirements Plan (MRP) to ensure supply schedules are consistent with procurement schedules and to secure on time delivery of inventory product into multiple distribution locations.
* Coordinate the scheduling and expediting of inventory deliveries to ensure acquisition of appropriate levels of material from suppliers.
* Coordinate global procurement schedules of finished products.
* Monitor vendor performance, capacity and product mix issues.
* Enter and maintain data in the purchasing/vendor database, monitoring receipts and vendor commitments.
* Work closely with product development to coordinate new product launches.
* Implement Demand Planning Strategy to ensure our growth plans and initiatives for both the National and DSD Businesses.
* Automate, improve and redefine the S&OP process.
* Provide technical support to team members in solution design & development and day to day issue resolution.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications * BS in engineering, business or supply chain management required.
* 5+ years recent experience in a large-scale food distribution, supply chain, manufacturing, CPG, DSD business.
* 5+ years recent experience in design & development of systemized, automated tools, data models & reporting.
* Experience with Sales and Operations Planning Process a team member or facilitator.
* Experience with any tier 1 ERP (JDE/Oracle/SAP) supply chain planning modules; MRP, DRP, forecasting, inventory, production and purchasing.Certification in production and inventory management (CPIM) or Lean Six Sigma preferred.
* Advanced Computer Proficiency in Excel, Power BI (DAX) and ERP (JDE/SAP/Oracle) applications.
* Advance proficiency in data administration & management of large scale, multi-source datasets.
* Ability to locate and analyze data from a variety of sources to ensure that operational decisions are made based upon the most accurate information.
* Understand value chain process and has a global view of basic supply chain but also can execute the day-to-day details.
* Excellent analytical skills; with the ability to look at numbers and draw conclusions about actions to be taken.
* Ability to understand organizations strategic direction and translate and execute tactically.
* Must be decisive able to take risks confident.
* Excellent written and verbal communication ability with superior people skills.
* Must be able to work in a team environment and lead a team to maximize their potential.
* Team player that can multi-task and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
* Strong organizational skills, with the ability to attend to multiple concurrent tasks.
* Commitment to meeting absolute deadlines.
* Ability to take initiative and work independently, with minimal day-to-day supervision.
* Keep leadership chain-of-command informed all operational activities as required.
* Interpersonal skills suited to dealing courteously and professionally with external business contacts and internal contacts within the organization.