This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/5/2020
END DATE 8/8/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT THE ROLE:
A company in Indianapolis, IN is looking for an Automation Technician for a 1st shift full-time opportunity.
Responsibilities: * The Automation Technician will repair and calibrate our automated and robotic systems. An Automation Technician will become the system expert of our automation systems, including all mechanical, PLC, electrical or electronic subsystems. You will also be responsible for system upkeep and operations of automated adapters used to interface with the company s structure.
* Perform inspections on systems associated with Automated Storage and Retrieval System of automated robotic vehicles and Automated Adapters/ Lifts
* Support continuous operation by adjusting, calibrating, repairing, replacing or modifying system components
* Process and monitor the flow of the automated storage and retrieval system, through means of the adapters, including manual inbound, automatic inbound, automatic outbound, to achieve maximum throughput and cases per hour
* Troubleshoot automated robotic vehicle anomalies and stoppages using schematic and wiring diagrams as well as advanced test equipment
* PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) knowledge and troubleshooting
* Advanced troubleshooting skills and ability to follow electro-mechanical diagrams
* Perform periodic system inspections within expected durations on all equipment and thoroughly document all actions and repairs to include parts used and labor. Ensure quality maintenance and complete documentation via the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
* Effective communication of production impacting problems and suggested actions, including approximate time required for corrective and emergency maintenance to required team members
* Must be able to operate and run Automated systems
* Must be able to work in a dynamic environment and change course based on immediate business needs
* Responsible for cleanup of equipment and removal of replaced parts from work areas after repairs are completed
* Responsible for automated robotic vehicle recovery in the Symbotic Matrix select system to include working in restrictive environments
* Responsible for minor utility work such as machining holes, brackets; cutting steel; aligning sensors; attaching Unistrut; etc.)
* Responsible for troubleshooting, calibration, set up, and tool changes on Robotic arms
* Responsible for continuous cleaning and adhering to 5S policies
* Perform Cell Operator functions as needed
* Ensure that the safety commitments in compliance with OSHA, Symbotic, and our customers processes and procedures are met daily
* Other duties as assigned by leadership
Qualifications: * Associate degree or equivalent experience/ certification in electronics, automotive, automation, manufacturing or equivalent field preferred
* Minimum of 2 years experience in mechanical automation systems
* Values safety above all else
* Be proficient in performing all Inspection functions
* Strong electro-mechanical skills
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, ability and other characteristics required: Demonstrates commitment and ability to work safely. Show reliability and maintain satisfactory attendance. Produce quality work. Ability to maintain required productivity/work expectations