Resident Care Supervisor (LPN)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/6/2020
END DATE 8/12/2020
Elderwood Asst Living at Wheatfield
JOB DESCRIPTIONPut the CARE back in CAREER - Join our team today!
Elderwood Assisted Living at Wheatfield is Hiring a PT LPN Supervisor!
Our LPN Supervisor's assist in ensuring the general health and well-being of our residents by providing nursing care. This position is responsible for assisting with medications and monitoring the personal care services provided by Resident Assistants; and reporting care and change in condition of residents to staff of next shift and Resident Care Manager.
Shift: 6:00am-2:00pm, Including every other weekend rotation
10:00 pm - 6:00 am, Including every other weekend rotation
* Supervise/Administer and/or assist with medications to assigned residents; monitor monthly residents participating in self-medication program.
* Monitor the personal care provided by Resident Assistants.
* Assist Resident Assistants with direct care of residents, as necessary.
* Report to Resident Care Manager change in condition, daily needs, and progress of residents.
* Follow the plan of care for each resident.
* Responsible for all aspects of receiving, storing and distributing controlled substance medications; ensure proper placement and use of medication stored by facility including med cart and medication room refrigerator.
* Maintain documentation regarding the provision of care to residents in the Case Notes, Medication Administration Records and other required records.
* Assist in problem-solving related to staffing, supplies and resident care during shift.
* Ensure that resident care standards are maintained in performance of duties, and that the rights of residents and preferences in care and treatment are respected.
* Receive and store lost/found articles and notify the Resident Care Manager and/or Case Manager
* Ensure that residents are treated with respect and kindness at all times
* Credentials as a Licensed Practical Nurse with a current State license required.
* One year nursing experience in a nursing leadership role preferred; experience in geriatric nursing preferred.
* Organizational skills and ability to supervise department staff effectively and work well with personnel of other departments required; ensures high standards of care are maintained.
Elderwood Assisted Living at Wheatfield is a 60 bed assisted living facility (ALF) boasting recently renovated buildings. Elderwood Assisted Living at Wheatfield is licensed under New York State's Assisted Living Program to provide specialized care for residents who medically qualify.
Clean, Neat & Newly Renovated Facility, Enjoy a fun and diverse work environment, Enjoy being a part of a strong and diverse team, Free On-Site Parking, Friendly and supportive staff, Increased Wages, Monthly employee appreciation events, Point-earning employee reward program: redeem for prizes!, Quiet suburban neighborhood, Strong leadership, Substantial employee referral program, Truly make a difference in our residents' lives while providing top notch care, Tuition reimbursement program
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.