Charge RN - Cardiac Cath Lab
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/6/2020
END DATE 8/15/2020
Lee's Summit Medical Center
Lees Summit, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONDESCRIPTION SHIFT: No Weekends
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Cath Lab Charge RN today with Lee's Summit Medical Center.
At LSMC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
* Paid Personal Leave
* 401k (100% annual match 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
* Identity Theft Protection discounts
* Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
* Adoption Assistance
* Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Registered Nurse like you to be a part of our team.
The Life of an HCA Nurse
Cath Lab nurses are experts at providing compassionate care and preparing patients undergoing various cardiac procedures such as catheterization and angioplasty. They have high-level critical thinking skills, vast clinical knowledge, and are able to stay calm under pressure.
ABOUT THIS UNIT:
Procedures include Left Heart Caths, pace makers, right heart caths, monitor recorder implants, impella, Specializations to heart and more.
Level II Stemi Center, Primary Chest Pain Center Designation
2 Procedural areas(IR and Vascular)
Smaller facility gives you an opportunity to see all procedures including IR, and grow your knowledge around a variety of devices
* Under the direct supervision of the Cardiology Operations Manager, the Cath Lab RN coordinates and provides patient care and assumes individual responsibility and accountability for the provision of nursing care as related to the Cardiology Department.
* Administers medications, monitors patient vital signs/EKG ,performs continual patient assessment during patient s stay in the Cardiology Department.
* Documents accurate nursing records and patient data.
* Coordinates patient teaching and post procedure assessment.
* Performs emergency cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
* Assists in in-service education.
* Collects and assembles data for database, outcome analysis and performance improvement.
* The role of the Registered Nurse in the Cardiac Cath Lab is to administer patient care and supervise care given by Cath Lab Techs.
* The Registered Nurse provides therapeutic and administrative services necessary for the care of the patient, and in support of the mission of Lee s Summit Medical Center.
* The Registered Nurse in 746/Cardiac Cath Lab provides care for ages 18-39 Yrs Young Adult, 40-64 Yrs Adult and 65+ Geriatric patients.
EDUCATION: BSN preferred
* Must have a current MO RN license upon hire or a current multistate RN license. If only a multistate RN license is provided upon hire, a MO RN license will be required within 90 days of employment.
* BLS required upon hire and ACLS required within 6 months of hire.
* Minimum of one year nursing experience in a cardiology related field required..
* Cath Lab Experience specifically is highly preferred!
* Prior cardiovascular laboratory, emergency or critical experience preferred.
* On Call Required and must have the ability to report to LSMC within 30 minutes of call back. On average 10 Days a Month on Call.
LEE S SUMMIT MEDICAL CENTER serves Lee s Summit, Missouri, and surrounding areas. The 80 -bed advanced technology facility is both a Joint Commission Chest Pain Certified Hospital and a Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center. LSMC is an affiliate of HCA Healthcare.
Additional features include:
Emergency Department with 14 private treatment rooms;
Orthopedic and Spine Center,
Level II stroke designation
Cardiovascular services with a cardiac catheterization lab, cardiac rehabilitation, vascular surgery and more;
Rehabilitation services with physical, occupational and speech therapy and sports medicine;
Women s services;
Surgical service, including bariatrics, orthopedics, colorectal and robotic assisted procedures; imaging services;
The Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Lee's Summit Medical Center.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND A LOOK AT ALL LSMC OPENINGS, PLEASE REACH OUT TO JOHNA KOELZER AT 816-401-3382 OR EMAIL JOHNA.KOELZER@HCAHEALTHCARE.COM
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.