Director of Facility Operations, CCRC
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/7/2020
END DATE 8/20/2020
Wesley Enhanced Living
JOB DESCRIPTIONDo you aspire to enhance the lives of others while enjoying a positive work environment?
Wesley Enhanced Living (WEL) is dedicated to making a compelling difference in the lives of our residents through providing excellence and innovation in aging services. If you are looking for an inspiring and rewarding workplace, Wesley Enhanced Living is a great place to be!
Wesley Enhanced Living is a retirement community providing Independent Living, Personal Care, and Skilled Nursing services to senior adults. We are seeking individuals whose values align with Wesley Enhanced Living s values of Grace, Honor, and Integrity. Ideal candidates will be:
* Kind and Compassionate
* Honest and Trustworthy
* Committed to Moral and Ethical Principles
* Driven to Provide Enhanced Living to Our Residents
Wesley Enhanced Living is working to set a new paradigm in aging services by always doing the right thing and we need YOU to help us discover new ways to achieve this goal.
Discover the Art of Living and Working WEL
The Director of Facility Operations, CCRC is responsible for planning, organizing, developing and directing the overall operation of physical plant services in accordance with policies and procedures, current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations governing our facility to assure that our facility is maintained in a safe and comfortable manner. Physical Plant consists of the following major functional areas: Engineering, Buildings, Grounds keeping, Housekeeping, Laundry and Security. The Director of Facility Operations, CCRC organizes and ensures that assigned departments comply with operating policies and procedures, all governing regulations and requirements; supervise assigned staff. Communicates with other departments and management staff; provides management reports; bids and negotiates contracts and purchased services. The Director of Facility Operations, CCRC must maintain a safe and trouble-free environment for Residents, Clients, Staff and Visitors of Wesley Enhanced Living.
Director of Facility Operations, CCRC essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Demonstrate leadership to the facility environmental team clarifying and guiding the setting of specific and measurable team goals and objectives; overcome challenges affecting the daily operation of the facility and facility projects.
* Implements specific programs and procedures for superior operation of assigned areas. This may include but is not limited to: (a) safety procedures including personal protective equipment, (b) site Fire Safety and Disaster Plan, (c) operational policies and procedures, (d) confidentiality and integrity of data for site operations, residents and staff, (e) communication, support and implementation of procedural and/or program changes, (f) ensures compliance to governing state and federal regulations and rules of accrediting bodies by continually monitoring the department service delivery and initiating changes as required.
* Provides leadership and supervision of the maintenance, housekeeping, laundry and security departments, including evaluating staff in accordance with the established policies and procedures at WEL.
* Establishes staffing requirements and scheduling for various department functions. Develop and implements an on call physical plant emergency coverage plan.
Prepares and administers the department budgets including payroll, department supplies and capital equipment purchases. Participates in the development and implementation of budgets, goals and objectives for all assigned areas. This will include but is not limited to (a) defining and acquiring resources as required, (b) operating and capital budgets, and (c) mission support and strategic plan action items. * Develop, implement and maintain a physical plant and equipment preventative maintenance plan.
* Oversee community vehicles including maintenance vehicles, such as snowplow or utility truck.
Related Experience: Minimum five years experience in management of CCRC s maintenance, security and housekeeping operations or other health care setting. Knowledge of facility maintenance-related current Federal, State, Department of Health and Department of Public Welfare regulations; knowledge of chemical interactions and incompatibilities. Knowledgeable of Boiler Room equipment including accurately reading and interpreting gauges
Education or Degree Requirements: High School Diploma; training in facility maintenance work including mechanical, electrical, plumbing and HVAC; basic supervisor training
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations: Valid Driver's License. Universal HVAC desirable
A Drug-Free Workplace . Equal Opportunity Employer