FedNow Performance and Security Test Engineer Principal
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/7/2020
END DATE 8/21/2020
Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
The Federal Reserve is developing a new interbank 24x7x365 real-time gross settlement (RTGS) service with integrated clearing functionality, called the FedNow service. This service will help enable financial institutions provide their customers with the ability to send and receive payments any time, any day, and have full access to those funds within seconds. This position is a unique opportunity to be part of a new mission-critical Federal Reserve initiative that will be transformative to the payments landscape in the United States.
This position is responsible for building platform level performance, security test strategy, conduct various types of performance testing in order to measure and analyze system performance (e.g., response times, transaction rates) and verify the system s ability to meet established performance requirements. Performance requirements will vary based on architectural and business requirements. Develop performance, load & security test scenarios and scripts in support of these objectives.
WHAT WILL BE EXPECTED OF YOU- * Carry out end-to-end performance testing, including requirement gathering, test planning, scripting, execution, analysis and result reporting/sharing with stakeholders.
* Evaluate system under test (SUT) communication protocol to determine scripting protocol.
* Should work closely with product development & implementation, architecture, infrastructure and engineering groups for performance testing and application analysis initiatives to define success criteria and evaluation methodologies.
* Setting up/designing load test scenarios for various tests; like load test, endurance test, stress test, failover test, etc.
* Collaborate and coordinate with other dependent teams across the product line to ensure success of overall test run.
* Collaborate with security team & test engineers to integrate security requirements and testing into overall pipeline strategy
* Provides subject matter expertise for security testing capabilities. Carries out manual and automated security testing of applications, infrastructure, and/or platforms to discover security vulnerabilities.
* Performs manual & automated security testing.
* Performs manual testing to validate vulnerabilities.
* Monitor server s utilization during the test run.
* Implement and maintain DevOps Capabilities, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment practices using test labs and tools.
* Participate in code reviews for performance test scenarios & create/maintain test data.
* Evaluate non-functional requirements to determine acceptance criteria.
* Participate in production log analysis to determine target and peak load models.
* Develop virtual network test scenarios.
* Evaluate targeted DI, Feedline and Infrastructure to design and execute network virtualization scenarios.
* Capture network statistics to be used in network virtualization test scenarios.
* Upload performance test scenarios, and other artifacts to Subversion and/or other management tools as directed.
* Work with configuration management to schedule the execution of the performance tests to support the automatic deployment of software.
* Maintain performance test scenarios & test scripts
* Perform API performance testing and integrate into CI pipeline.
* Monitor system level statistics during performance test executions.
* Develop and submit performance test reports.
* Analyze performance test results.
* Gather system performance statistics from front-end and back-end.
* Correlate front-end and back-end system performance statistics to present comprehensive test reports.
* Support implementation and maintenance of performance testing tools.
* Participate in reviews with agile teams and product owners.
* Work collaboratively and creatively to resolve any testing problems, bottlenecks, or issues.
* Perform additional testing related tasks may be assigned.
* Have knowledge and experience with new and emerging performance testing technologies and techniques.
* Have experience in adapting those new and emerging technologies and techniques to meet the ever changing demands in software development
* Utilize CI integration tool to support continuous integration specifically related to performance and load testing.
* Create builds in Jenkins/Gitlab CI/CD for every performance testing engagement to support regression testing.
* Modify performance testing scenarios to compliment builds executed in Jenkins and other CM and automated deployment tools used as directed.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERTISE YOU WILL BRING- * 8+ years experience in Performance testing, with a minimum of 3+ experience in a large sized project with minimal to none supervision.
* Experience in developing Performance testing scripts for Cloud or AWS based products.
* 4-6 years of experience in performance testing and strong knowledge on product performance testing concepts, methodologies and techniques.
* 4-6 years of experience in developing performance test scripts and execution using tools; like, Performance Center or JMeter or Blaze meter or any home-grown testing platform along with Java //Python or other languages.
* 2+ years of experience in security testing practices and tools
* Must be able to run platform/application performance testing end-to-end from requirements, planning, scripting, load test executions and result analysis.
* Experience in planning and designing performance tests for load, stress, spike, scalability, and volume testing
* Must possess strong experience using and implementing best practice programs with respect to load generation, bottleneck analysis, usage of modeling tools and statistical analysis.
* Must have good experience using server monitoring tools like site scope, new relic, Dynatrace, Splunk, etc.
* Proficient in analysis of performance test result to present to product team/Tech operations.
* Proficient in using Integrated Development Tools such as IntelliJ, Eclipse along with Source Control Systems such as Git.
* Experience with analyzing and generating reports and metrics
* Experience working with public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
* Knowledge and Application experience of advanced programming concepts (e.g. threads, exceptions and I/O, memory management) in Java technology stack required
* Bachelors or higher qualification in Computer science, Information Systems or equivalent is preferred.
* AWS, Agile & testing certifications is a plus
LOGISTICS & REQUIREMENTS- * Ability to work in an office environment and to travel to all District offices as needed.
* Ability to perform office duties such as using a computer keyboard.
* Work involves sitting most of the time but may involve going to other offices and meeting rooms.
* Ability to work in demanding situations and handle multiple priorities
* Minor lifting and carrying (less than 5 pounds).
The Federal Reserve System is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
All employees assigned to this position will be subject to FBI fingerprint/ criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or skills associated with this position