TGS Senior Systems Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/7/2020
END DATE 8/20/2020
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
ASRC FEDERAL NETCENTRIC HAS AN OPPORTUNITY FOR A SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER SUPPORTING OUR CUSTOMER IN ABERDEEN, MD
Performs as the highest-level technical expert, providing both internal and external engineering services for Tactical--Intelligence Ground Station (TGS). This engineering services includes design, integration, and analysis of military electronics, computer networking, and digital and graphic display systems. Works independently, as part of a team, and leads teams on advanced systems/software analysis projects. Provides expertise and recommendations of direction in the development or modification of complex software programs to enhance computers and networks. Reviews architectural design, development, and the deployment of the enterprise's systems. Defines system solutions based on user/client needs, cost, and required integration with existing applications, systems, or platforms. Analyzes current systems and networks, documents requirements and recommends courses of action. Prepares and delivers multi-media presentations to various US Army audiences, up to senior PM and PEO levels. Provides information and decision briefs to management.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND LICENSING REQUIREMENTS: * Requires Bachelor's degree (in Computer Science, Math, Electrical Engineering or related field) or equivalent, and at least ten years of related experience.
MANDATORY REQUIREMENT: Clearance TS/SCI preferred; Secret with ability to get TS/SCI required
TRAVEL: Available to travel to test events and meetings.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS: * Knowledge of Army's Tactical--Intelligence Ground Station (TGS) and Distributed Common Ground System -- Army (DCGS-A)
* Knowledge of Army Intel systems and tactical networks
* Knowledge of IP networking
* Knowledge of VMWare, continuous integration, Agile development, Linux, Windows and Windows Server
* Knowledge of technical and operational testing
* Knowledge of DI2E and its tools, to include Jira and Confluence
* Ability to manage multiple discipline teams consisting of government and contractors
* Ability to work with all levels of personnel, from senior management to individual contributor
* Ability to translate operational requirements into technical specifications
* Excellent oral and written communications skills.
* Must possess a working knowledge of MS Office.