This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/7/2020
END DATE 8/11/2020
Comtech Telecommunications Corp
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Comtech Telecommunication Systems is an industry leader in the supply of electronic components and technical services to the worldwide space community. We work with many of the industry s key companies, delivering unparalleled levels of service in design, manufacturing support, program management, procurement, and quality assurance. Our X/Y Ground Systems team is searching for knowledgeable engineers with excellent technical skills to become valued members of our rapidly expanding technical team who support our customers worldwide with installation and field services.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
At our core, Comtech employees are driven by innovation. We are leaders in the advanced global commercial and government communications market. A career at Comtech enables you to design, develop, produce and market innovative products, systems and services for advanced communications solutions. You will facilitate and enhance the way people, businesses, and governments communicate around the world.
Comtech Command & Control Technologies is a leading provider of mission critical solutions to government and civilian agencies with a focus on C4ISR solutions using any type of network, whether mobile, fixed, static, terrestrial, marine, airborne or in space. In order to help our customers, combat a growing number of cyber-attacks on their systems, we provide training and certification and vulnerability compliance assessment. Comtech designs, develops, produces and markets innovative products, systems and services for advanced communications solutions. We are technology leaders in the markets that we serve and conduct our business through Government solutions. Our market segments consist of: Tactical Communications, Space & Component Technology, Mobile Datacom, and Cyber Security Solutions.
PRIMARY DUTIES: * Lead on-site customer installation, inspection, maintenance and upgrades
* Train customers on the use of our antenna systems, software, and maintenance procedures
* Provide on-site support for troubleshooting technical issues
* Support ad hoc projects and initiatives as required (pre-sales support, site surveys, etc.)
SKILLS REQUIRED: * Work independently and under pressure with minimal guidance
* Strong technical troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
* Able to work an on-call schedule inclusive of evenings, weekends and/or holidays
* Willing to travel globally 75% - 90%
* Comfortable in the presence of customers and working alongside client engineers
* Basic electrical knowledge, working from wiring diagrams, analyzing and diagnosing faults
* Experience with system level testing and test equipment e.g., scopes, spectrum analyzers, multimeters & signal generators
* Mechanical aptitude / ability to operate hand and power tools, an understanding of mechanical engineering, ability to read engineering drawings
* Ability to operate and configure IT equipment and software.
* Proficiency in MS Office programs. (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
This position requires working outdoors in all seasons and climates. Travel could be anywhere from 1-2 weeks away up to a maximum of 28 days depending on the needs of the customer. Some tasks require working at heights and the chosen candidates must be confident when working on ladders and at heights in excess of 20m in a Mobile Elevated Working Platform.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS * Satellite Industry Experience, specifically with tracking antenna systems.
* Java, XML, Linux programming experience.
* Advanced Networking Certifications
* Proficiency in AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Creo, Etc...
* Proficiency in Microsoft Project, Access, Visio
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: * Bachelor s Degree in engineering or related field.
* 5+ years of hands on experience
* 10+ years of direct experience in satellite installation or ground station operations may be considered in lieu of Engineering Degree
* US citizenship required
* Clean driver s license
* Able to pass drug and background check
Comtech offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and flexible paid time off options, for eligible employees: * Medical, Dental and Vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account
* STD, LTD, Supplemental Life insurance and AD&D
* Comprehensive 401k plan and Employee stock purchase plan
* Tuition Assistance
* Vacation, Personal and Sick time
* 10 paid holidays
* Bereavement and jury duty leave
COMTECH TELECOMMUNICATIONS CORP. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER FEMALE, MALE, VETERAN, DISABILITY, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY.