Clinical RN II - ICU (Night Shift)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/7/2020
END DATE 8/20/2020
Marin General Hospital
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT MARINHEALTH MEDICAL CENTER:
Come and be a part of our healing team at the award-winning MarinHealth Medical Center. We are Marin County s only full-service acute care hospital and a vital resource for a wide range of essential healthcare services. Our mission and our pride is to serve our community with the healing care they want and deserve. We attract the finest physicians and employees who appreciate having the best of both worlds: high quality care on par with an academic medical center combined with the personalized, caring touch of an independent hospital.
WHAT WE OFFER
MarinHealth Medical Center offers a generous suite of employee benefits, which includes a comprehensive and rich health benefits program (medical, dental, vision and prescription plans). Our robust Wellness @ Work program (e.g. onsite health & fitness classes, discounts, etc) also promotes a healthier lifestyle for employees and to support you on your Healthy Healer journey. Other benefits include, but are not limited to, a 403(b) contribution plan and company-funded retirement plan, life insurance, vacation, holiday and sick leave, which you will start accruing immediately. Our benefits are highly competitive and considered to be one of the best in the Bay Area! Find your healing place at MarinHealth Medical Center
External hires must pass a background check and medical screen. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any other classifications protected by federal, state & local laws.
The purpose of the Clinical RN role is to assess, plan, implement, evaluate, direct, and appropriately delegate to ensure the delivery of safe, quality patient care. This registered professional nurse will function within the full scope of RN licensure, according to the California Nursing Practice Act. The Clinical RN will provide assessment, development, and implementation of the care plan, evaluating the effectiveness of that care, directing emergency interventions, and collaborating with physicians, team members, and others to optimally manage patient care in the interest of the patient, acting as a patient advocate when necessary.
Sufficient education to obtain a valid California RN license
* 6 months to 1-year experience as a Clinical RN I at MarinHealth Medical Center; or
* Possession of the clinical experience as identified in the appropriate unit - specific job description addendum.
PREREQUISITE SKILLS * Ability to demonstrate proficiency in all items of the Staff Nurse Skills Criteria at the conclusion of the probationary period
* Demonstrated leadership and delegation skills
* Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work; time management skills
* Ability to work collaboratively with team members, other teams, physicians, and departments
* Ability to read, speak, write, understand and follow English verbal and written instructions.
LICENSE/REGISTRATION/CERTIFICATION: * Current valid California RN license
* Possession of BLS-HCP with American Heart Association as required by Hospital policy
* Possession of other certifications (MICN, ACLS, etc) as required by departmental policy (see unit-specific job description addendum)
PRIMARY CUSTOMER SERVED (AGE SPECIFIC CRITERIA):
Varies by department assigned. Refer to Unit Specific Addendum Employees in this position must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care and/or service based on the physical, psycho/social, educational, safety, and related criteria appropriate to the age of the patients served in his/her assigned service area.
PATIENT PRIVACY (HIPAA COMPLIANCE):
Employees in this position have access to protected health information. The protected health information a person in this position can access includes demographics, date of service, insurance/billing, medical record summary information, and all other information that may be contained in patient records. This position requires patient health information to perform the functions outlined as part of this position description.
ESSENTIAL * Consistently demonstrates the ability to transfer scientific knowledge from social, biological and physical sciences in applying the nursing process as follows: Formulates a nursing diagnosis through observation of the patient's physical condition and behavior, and through interpretation of information obtained from the client and others, including the health team Formulates age specific care planning, in collaboration with the patient, which ensures that direct and indirect nursing care services provide for the patient's safety, comfort, hygiene, and protection, and for disease prevention an restorative measures Perform skills essential to the kind of nursing action to be taken, explains the health treatment to the patient and family, and teaches the client and family how to care for the health needs Evaluates the effectiveness of care planning through observation of the patient's physical condition and behavior, signs and symptoms of illness, reactions to treatment, and through communication with the patient and team members, and modifies the plan as needed Acts as the patient's advocate, as circumstances require, by initiating action to improve health care or to change decisions or activities which are against the interests or wishes of the patient and by giving the patient the opportunity to make informed decisions about health care before it is provided.
* Demonstrates leadership by supervising, directing and delegating appropriately to care team members. Delegates tasks to subordinates based on the legal scopes of practice of the subordinates and on the preparation and capability needed in the tasks to be delegated, and effectively supervises nursing care being given by subordinates
* Demonstrates clinical expertise by serving as a clinical expert, role model, and clinical and educational resource to the team, patients, and families. May act as a mentor and assist in the training and development of less experienced staff members 4. Demonstrates professional accountability for nursing practice.
ADDENDUM FOR ICU - CLINICAL RN
EDUCATION - As stated*
EXPERIENCE - As stated*
- 1 year of Intensive Care Unit/Coronary Care Unit experience preferred
- Heart Surgery experience preferred
- Neurosurgery experience preferred
PREREQUISITE SKILLS - As stated*
ACLS American Heart Association certification required on hire
Pediatric Advanced Life Support required within 12 months of hire for 0.75 FTE
Trauma Nursing Core Curriculum required within 12 months of hire (one time certification only)
PRIMARY CUSTOMER SERVED (AGE SPECIFIC CRITERIA):
(X) Adolescents 12 up to 18 years
(X) Toddlers 1 up to 3 years
(X) Early Adults 18 up to 45 years
(X) Preschool Children 3 up to 6 years
(X) Middle Adults 45 up to 61 years
(X) School Age Children 6 up to 12 years
(X) Late Adults 61 up to 80 years
(X) Late, Late Adults 80 years and up
EMPLOYEES IN THIS POSITION MUST BE ABLE TO DEMONSTRATE THE KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS NECESSARY TO PROVIDE CARE AND/OR SERVICE BASED ON THE PHYSICAL, PSYCHO/SOCIAL, EDUCATIONAL, SAFETY, AND RELATED CRITERIA APPROPRIATE TO THE AGE OF THE PATIENTS SERVED IN HIS/HER ASSIGNED SERVICE AREA.