This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/7/2020
END DATE 8/20/2020
Central Intelligence Agency
JOB DESCRIPTIONAs an Interactive Designer for the CIA, you will create a wide variety of products that convey intelligence analysis to the President of the United States, US policymakers, and other officials. You may also create training materials and other important material. All products are designed for conveyance via mobile devices, web and print. You will work as a member of a team focusing on one or more specialties, such as graphic design, cartography, 3D animation, motion graphics, illustration, Virtual Reality, scripting, and imagery.
Opportunities exist to participate in internal training as well as external workshops and conferences, and you will be expected to develop and maintain your skills commensurate with industry-wide best practices.
OFFICES OF THE CIA DIRECTORATE OF ANALYSIS
Within the Directorate of Analysis (DA), incomplete and sometimes contradictory information is transformed into unique insights that inform US policy decisions. The DA helps provide timely, accurate and objective all-source intelligence analysis on national security and foreign policy issues to senior policymakers in the US Government. .
SEE OUR WORK IN ACTION:
LIFE AT CIA
In addition to a comprehensive package, the CIA offers exciting career opportunities and a dynamic environment. We're on the forefront of world-altering events as they happen. So working here isn't just a job, it's a mindset and a lifestyle.
US citizenship required (dual-national US citizens eligible). All positions require relocation to the Washington, DC metro area.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: * Bachelor's degree in one of the following fields, or related studies with a strong emphasis on graphic, information, or user experience concepts:
* Interactive Design
* Graphic Design
* Visual Communications
* Fine Art
* Geospatial Information Systems (GIS)
* Motion Graphics
* 3D animation
* Computer Science
* GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4-point scale
* Ability to shape and lead solutions to data visualization in an increasingly complex and changing technological environment
* Strong skills in typography, grid-based design, white space, and color theory
* Experience with the ESRI (or similar) GIS Suite and familiarity with cartoCSS and map tile presentation libraries such as Leaflet, OpenLayers, and/or Cesium
* Excellent interpersonal skills are required to work and interface with customers, coworkers, and management
* Knowledge of multimedia production tools and methodology, and a strong technical aptitude to quickly learn new software and hardware
* Strong interest in continuous learning, information design, and technology (mobile and web)
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: * Augmented/virtual reality, motion visuals, storytelling, 3D animation, design for video output
* Experience creating wireframes, storyboards, and prototypes for use in design review and user testing
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE: * A thorough medical and psychological exam
* A polygraph interview
* A comprehensive background investigation
To be considered suitable for Agency employment, applicants must generally not have used illegal drugs within the last 12 months. The issue of illegal drug use prior to 12 months ago is carefully evaluated during the medical and security processing.
IF YOU ARE READY TO APPLY, ADD THIS POSITION TO YOUR JOB CART. You can add up to four (4) positions. Job cart selections will only be retained during this site visit, so be sure to click \\"Apply Now\\" before closing the browser window. After clicking \\"Apply Now\\" you will be taken to the application account creation page. The positions will appear in the cart once you have created an account.
DO NOT submit multiple applications; this will only slow the review of your application and delay processing. Please read the Application Instructions carefully before you begin the online application process
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR THIS POSITION:
The following items must be attached to your on-line application (PDF format preferred): * Resume
* Unofficial transcripts for all degrees
* Cover letter in which you specify your qualifications for this position. Please address why you want to work in this role and what differentiates you from other applicants.
* Applicants with a background in graphic design must provide a strong creative portfolio demonstrating good use of typography, grid-based design, white space, and color theory (provide a url link to a non-account based or password-protected website (do not use Google Drive, Dropbox, LinkedIn, etc.); PDF files are also accepted)
* Applicants with a background in cartography/GIS should include five (5) or more map samples (provide a url link to a non-account based or password-protected website (do not use Google Drive, Dropbox, LinkedIn, etc.); PDF files are also accepted)
Important Notice: Friends, family, individuals, or organizations may be interested to learn that you are seeking employment with the CIA. Their interest, however, may not be benign or in your best interest. Once you reveal your interest you lose control of that information. We ask all applicants to exercise discretion and good judgment in disclosing your interest in a position with the CIA. You will receive further guidance on this topic as you proceed through your CIA employment processing.
An equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workforce.