Information Systems Security Engineer/CM
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/8/2020
END DATE 8/15/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONBusiness Group Highlights
Civilian, State and Local
Perspecta s Civilian, State and Local segment partners with the U.S. Federal Civilian State and Local governments to provide infrastructure services, business solutions, and digital transformation services that help them achieve policy objectives and integrate citizen-centric services.
Our task order provides on-site enterprise-wide technical and administrative Security Assessment and Authorization (A&A) and Continuous Monitoring (CM) support. The Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) uses her/his expertise to perform scans in support of the risk mitigation efforts of the broader ISSO team to achieve Authority to Operate status for client systems and applications.
The ISSE-Security responsibilities include, but not limited to:
* Perform scans and analysis of security center logs and coordination with the security personnel and recommend mitigation strategies.
* Perform and review technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established information assurance (IA) standards and regulations.
* Validate and verify system security requirements definitions and analyze and establish system security designs
* Develop, implement, and document formal security programs and policies throughout the program and monitors compliance to these policies and programs.
* Manage and maintain a library of security audit tools, and corresponding processes that can be used for system security testing, internal audits, incident response, and diagnosis of security-related system issues.
* Perform and maintain Tenable security center scans and create reports
* Perform analysis of Sourcefire IDS
* Perform analysis of McAfee DLP
* Perform analysis of the Microsoft EndPoint
* Perform analysis of the Insider Threat using MySQL-Linux
BS 8-10, MS 6-8, PhD 3-5
* 5-7 years IA and InfoSec experience; which includes developing and reviewing security concept of operations, systems security plans, security control assessments, contingency plans, configuration management plans
* Experience with FISMA and RMF/A&A processes
* Experience with NIST Special Publications i.e. as 800-27, 30, 37, 53, 60
* Experience incident response plans, plan of actions and milestones, risk management plans, vulnerability scanning, and/or vulnerability management plans
* Experience with STIG and SCAP, Sourcefire IDS, McAfee DLP, Microsoft EndPoint
* Strong analytical, communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills
* Ability to perform in a fast paced environment with frequent change
* CISSP and CISM or GSLC; or ability to obtain CISM or GSLC within 6 months of hire
* Active Top Secret clearance, periodic review (PR) performed within the past three years, SCI eligibility
* Knowledge of systems engineering principles, requirements analysis, system development (software and hardware); network security architecture concepts (topology, protocols, components); and/or IT security principles and methods (firewalls, demilitarized zones)
* Government consulting experience
* Knowledge of CSA guidance
* Experience with VMware
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation s most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).