RN - Benefited Premium Pay Float Pool - ICU
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/8/2020
END DATE 9/1/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONWE ARE HIRING
Title: Premium Pay- Float RN- Registered Nurse- Full Time - ICU
City, State: Nashville, TN
Location: St Thomas Hospital
Department: Float Staffing 001
Additional Job Details: Full Time, Rotating
Pay: $40/hr benefit eligible
WHY JOIN ASCENSION?
Ascension Saint Thomas is the leading faith-based health care system in Tennessee and is a part of Ascension, the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system. We are committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable.
What Ascension Saint Thomas has to offer:
Power of Purpose:
For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients. Our innovative spirit impacts and influences the community that we serve.
Culture of Teamwork:
We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team.
Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
Ascension Saint Thomas provides a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
We are a progressive, stable company with 120 years of experience in delivering world-class personalized care. At Ascension Saint Thomas, we are actively trying new solutions to help overcome some of healthcare s toughest challenges.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As a Float RN at Saint Thomas Health, you will provide immediate support in emergency situations and daily care for long-term patients. This is a high-pressure environment and will require you to make quick decisions. The Float RN may be required to float between multiple hospitals within Saint Thomas Health. You must be flexible with location and shift availability.
* Work with the interdisciplinary team to develop a plan of care to stabilize patients
* Adept at communicating, critical thinking, leadership and patient advocacy - both on behalf of the patient and the medical team
* Utilize highly developed physical assessment skills
* Make quick decisions while multitasking
* Administer a variety of lifesaving treatments efficiently and effectively
* Closely monitor one or several patients
* Prioritizes patient care plan based on patient needs and care resources
* Identifies patient and family learning needs; educates appropriately
* Closely documents patient care, protocols and unit procedures
* Is culturally aware
* Demonstrates understanding and ethics surrounding patient confidentiality and risk management
* Move patients to comfort care for end of life
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
* Required Credential(s):
* BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
* One or more of the following:
* Registered Nurse credentialed from the Tennessee Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition \\"Compact State\\" obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
* Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
* Work Experience:
* Must have 2 years of experience as a RN
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status.
No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of completion.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Saint Thomas Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)