RN Supervisor - 12 HR Night Shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/8/2020
END DATE 8/15/2020
Elderwood at Liverpool
JOB DESCRIPTIONAre you ready to change your life with a rewarding career move ?
Elderwood at Liverpool is searching for skilled & responsible full time 12 hour, night shift Registered Nurse (RN) Night Supervisor to aide our very busy 160-bed Skilled Nursing facility in Liverpool, NY. We are in growth mode and recently completed a beautiful renovation our facility including investing in new state of the art equipment for our nursing staff! We offer increased RN salaries, comprehensive benefits and an extensive orientation & training program to ensure you have all the tools you need to succeed.
The position is full time and works from 7:00 PM - 7:00 AM. The RN Supervisor on night shift typically oversees around 8 LPNs and 8 CNAs
Perks of the Job:
* Clean, Neat & Newly Renovated Facility
* Large Shift differentials for night shifts
* Top Notch Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
* Generous PTO & holiday package
* 401K Retirement plan with company matching
* Tuition Reimbursement Program
* Consistent work and holiday rotations to provide you with a great work/life balance
* Comprehensive nurses training locally as well at our beautiful Training Center in Buffalo, NY.
* Substantial Employee Referral program
* Free On-Site Parking
* Friendly, Supportive Staff
* Quiet Suburban Neighborhood
* Enjoy a fun and diverse work environment
* Relaxing employee lounge with free iced/hot coffee
* Monthly employee appreciation events
* Employee of the month recognition
* Enjoy being a part of a strong and diverse nursing team
* Truly make a difference in our resident s lives while providing top notch care
* Just 10 minutes from Syracuse
Elderwood is a strong and growing company that is truly invested in its employees. We just recently increased our wages and offer an excellent benefits package, including health, dental and vision coverage, paid vacations and holidays, an Education and Tuition Assistance Program and much more. Elderwood has a large continuum of care and is proud to say Elderwood at Liverpool has been providing top notch care at their location for 34 years!
Registered Nurse (RN) Supervisor Duties:
The RN Shift Supervisor team member, working from 7:00 PM - 7:00 AM, will assist with ensuring the health and well-being of our residents by being responsible for nursing care rendered at the facility during evening or night shifts; supervision of nursing personnel of each unit; and other additional duties assigned by the Director of Nursing Services.
Other Essential Job Functions include:
* Responsible for responding immediately to residents requests.
* Supervise nursing care services and staff on all units while on duty.
* Conduct periodic rounds of all nursing units, providing input for the nursing care of residents, acts as a nurse resource person for all nursing units and ensures that high standards of care are being provided.
* Ensures that nursing staff complete all assignments, promptly report changes in patient/resident conditions, appropriately perform required documentation and comply with all established policies and procedures of the facility and the nursing department.
* Actively promotes facility safety programs.
* Performs first aid services and completes Accident/Incident Report of residents, staff and visitors as indicated.
* Perform as the First Responder/Disaster Coordinator in organizing evacuations or staff response to emergencies that threaten safety of residents, staff and visitors.
* May assume responsibility as the Infection Preventionist Nurse.
* Assume responsibility for nursing services in the absence of the Assistant Director of Nursing Services and/or Director of Nursing Services.
* Actively participates in the complaint/grievance resolution process by completing requested investigative process and documenting findings in a thorough, timely and concise manner.
Registered Nurse (RN) Supervisor Requirements:
* Possession of a, RN State license and current registration to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN) required.
* Minimum of two year's (RN) nursing experience, and at least one year of experience in an RN leadership role; experience in geriatric nursing required.
* Possession of a baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) preferred.
* Ability to utilize creative problem-solving, and handle problems diplomatically required.
* Ability required to supervise departmental staff effectively and ensure high standards of care are maintained.
* Previous experience in nursing education and/or in-service training preferred.
* Ability to relate well to geriatric residents; respectful and caring attitude towards residents required.
Elderwood at Liverpool is a 160 bed skilled nursing facility (SNF) in a quiet suburban neighborhood just 10 minutes from Syracuse. We offer comprehensive, personalized orthopedic, cardiac, and post-surgical rehab programs, including physical, occupational, and speech therapy. Services and programs include: Oncology, Wound Care, Palliative Care and Seasons Memory Care Program.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.