Senior Associate, Management Consulting
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/8/2020
END DATE 8/11/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
ABOUT CBIZ CMF
CBIZ CMF is a division of CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) with a service line focused on mergers, acquisitions, and transitions for private equity-backed firms across North America. Our professionals are dynamic, operations-oriented financial executives who are accustomed to the issues, ambiguity, and interpersonal dynamics of businesses going through transitions and transactions. Culturally, the division is an entrepreneurial, service-oriented, and team-centric, meritocracy. We are looking for A players to round out our team.
CBIZ CMF is fortunate to have additional scale and competencies through our parent company CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) and their over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 employees in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities in the U.S. In partnership with our parent company, additionally, we are able to offer a comprehensive set of services including: Tax, Audit, Valuation, Risk & Advisory, Corporate Recovery, Benefits, Property & Casualty and other insurance related services.
CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions: 2019 America's Best Mid-Size Employers by Forbes, 2019 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE, 2019 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence, and one of the Top 101 highest scoring companies in the country for Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Senior Associate will be a full-time permanent role supporting the Management Consulting team. The Management Consulting team helps our clients solve their toughest problems including defining, evaluating and executing against various operational strategies related to carve-outs and post-merger integration, performance improvement, and deal readiness. We analyze market trends and businesses to help our clients gain the right perspective in order to stay focused and maintain their competitive edge. We support our clients at both the business unit and corporate level to develop and execute sustainable changes that are focused on value expansion and value capture and ultimately drive an increase to shareholder value.
As a Senior Associate, you would be expected to successfully lead a client workstream that typically would include an analysis, planning and execution phase. You would also be expected to lead a workstream-team of client subject matter experts to help them solve complex business issues associated with specific functions, processes, technology or resources. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to: * Interface with mid, functional and operational level clients on a day to day basis to actively plan, manage and execute small project or workstream activities and deliverables
* Manage all aspects of specific project/workstream including the planning, scheduling and coordination of activities, status updating, issue identification and escalation and benefits realization
* Specific activities could include but are not limited to front-end data analysis, interviews, process mapping, issue identification, gap analysis, future state model development and planning, business case development, plan execution and benefits tracking
* In addition to engagement-specific responsibilities, serve as a subject matter expert for your project or another engagement.
* Directly manage relationships with mid and functional level managers, as well as operational level employees.
* Actively work to continuously develop your management consulting skillsets
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS * Master s Degree / MBA a plus
* 3+ years of experience in either Consulting or relevant industry roles
* 2+ years of experience supporting one or more of the following: carve-outs, post-merger integration, performance improvement, or major organizational consolidation design and execution, and deal readiness.
* 2+ years of program or project management support experience, preferably at a workstream lead level for a management or operational consulting/advisory organization. Preferably on transformation efforts that encompass business processes, organization and technology.
* 2+ years of performance improvement, transformation, or deals experience related to two or more of the following functional areas of focus: sales & marketing, manufacturing, supply chain, customer service, finance & accounting, or organizational development
* Understanding of the M&A lifecycle and private equity investment process
* Experience with one or more of the following methodologies; Business Process Reengineering, Lean Six-Sigma, Agile / Scrum, Customer Segmentation, Organizational Effectiveness, Sales & Marketing Effectiveness, Maintenance Excellence, Supply Chain Integration.
* Experience in one or more of the following industries: Consumer and Retail, Technology, Healthcare, Manufacturing & Distribution, and Professional and Industrial Services.
* Demonstrated experience in developing workstream plans, deliverables and reports
* Experienced working with large amounts of information to develop quantitative and qualitative analyses that will inform the client deliverables
* Able to develop strategic plans and key metrics to drive and track, respectively, the solution oriented initiatives that will create the value our clients seek
* Experience facilitating client working sessions to gather data and understand the client s issues and perspectives
* Demonstrated ability to communicate confidently, professionally and effectively using a variety of styles to effectively interact at any level
* Strong critical, creative, strategic and operational thinking skills to frame and solve complex issues
* Excellent time management and organizational abilities
* High degree of accuracy and efficiency with attention to detail
* Highly adaptable, flexible and client service focused
* Ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment and meet tight deadlines
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS * Bachelor s degree required
* 3 years of experience in either Consulting or relevant industry roles, with a minimum of 2 years in Consulting/Advisory
* 1 years of supervisory experience
* Ability to execute all aspects of client engagements
* Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels an organization, both internally and externally
* Proficient use of applicable technology, especially Excel and PowerPoint
* Must be able to travel based on client and business needs, up to 100%