Lead Realty Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/8/2020
END DATE 8/11/2020
Department of the Army
ABOUT THE POSITION: Leads a team of Realty Specialists and Realty Assistants in the management and disposal
of civil works properties within the Pittsburgh District and the Great Lakes and Ohio River Division.
RESPONSIBILITIES * Plans, schedules, and coordinates efficient accomplishment of all management and disposal actions.
* Completes complex outgrant actions which conflict with existing policy, incompatible land usage allocations, environmental and cultural resource issues, and/or require extensive negotiation and modification of approved terms of conditions.
* Prepare budget data and exercise of cost control functions.
* Prepares detailed reports and surveys for submittal to higher authority.
* Coordinates with Project Managers, Study Managers, and/or Installation contacts to provide technical and administrative support to customers.
* Ensures organization's strategic plan, mission, vision, and values are communicated to the team and integrated into the team's strategies, goals, objectives, work plans, and work products and services.
* Provides direction, training, and coaching to the team on assignments, projects, problem-solving methods, deadlines and balancing and prioritizing workload.
* Advises management on employee performance issues, provides employee appraisal input, and recommends awards, recognition, and personnel actions for team members.
Occasional travel - Business travel may be required up to 15% of the time.
12 - Non-competitive promotion potential to the target grade based on time-in-grade requirements and demonstrated ability to perform the higher graded duties.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT * Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
* Must meet the DAWIA Acquisition Certification requirements for the Facility Engineering Career Field and must obtain DAWIA Level II certification within 24 months of appointment.
QUALIFICATIONS : Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
* Current Civilian Employees of the Organization
* Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
* Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
* Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
* Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
* Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
* Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
* Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible
* Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is .
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: One year of specialized experience which includes applying real estate principles, regulations, practices and techniques to acquire lands in fee, easements, and lesser interests for federal projects; controlling regulations, laws and established district policies; managing a real property program that includes management, disposal and utilization; and leading a team to ensure timely accomplishment of assigned objectives. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-11).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
* Acquisition Strategy
* Oral Communication
* Planning and Evaluating
* Real Estate
* Technical Competence
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-11).
This position does not have an education qualification requirement.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION * Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
* You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
* Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
* Direct deposit of pay is required.
* Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
* If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the information sheet.
* This is a Career Program (CP) 18 - Engineers and Scientists (Resources and Construction) position
* You may claim military spouse preference (MSP).
* If a MSP applicant is determined best qualified and selected, placement must be at the full performance level for priority consideration.
* Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
* Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
* Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on .
* If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an .
* Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
* Relocation or Recruitment incentive MAY BE authorized to highly qualified candidate.
* Must sign a service agreement if incentive(s) is/are authorized.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your r sum and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your r sum and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected,