This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/8/2020
END DATE 8/15/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONDATABASE ADMINISTRATOR (DBA)
Ruan is seeking a world-class IT professional to join our team as a Database Administrator (DBA).We are dedicated to investing in and implementing the most innovative technology solutions in the transportation industry.Our most valuable assets are our team members who expertly execute these solutions. This position will be an Azure design and data expert with solid knowledge in SQL Server, that creates, monitors and supports development and production databases with some exposure to Oracle.Experience in an Agile environment is a plus!
This professional plays an integral role in the success of our day-to-day operations by ensuring data access is fast and efficient enough to meet business requirements.The DBA will also be responsible for compliance to corporate and regulatory standards, best practices and procedures for maintaining databases.Assigned databases must be kept secure and the DBA is responsible for maintaining backup and recovery solutions.
* Ascertain user requirements, design computer databases, build reports, and test and coordinate changes.
* Plan, coordinate, and implement the design, definition, tuning, licensing and installation of databases and associated software products.
* Audit databases to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data and quality control.Work with management and users to resolve data conflicts and inappropriate data usage.
* Develop and implement procedures to insure the integrity and security of database structures.Ensure performance of databases.
* Perform routine capacity planning to determine future hardware and software needs regarding database applications.
* Ensures compliance with industry standards.Work with Programmer Analysts, Business Analysts, Ruan Users, Ruan Customers, service providers, and/or project team members to design, develop, and build various technical projects and databases.
* Assist in training other team members.
* Working with database team and management, design, develop, and implement a true Enterprise wide Data strategy.Institute ETL processes and OLAP development efforts which follow corporate and best practice standards.
* Perform other job-related duties and special projects as required.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
COURSE(S) OF STUDY: Computer Science or related field.3-5 years' experience in Database design/production support. * Employee should have broad knowledge of Azure, basic knowledge of OS command, and experience with PL/SQL experience in an Agile environment a plus.
* Employee must have ability to carry out detailed written and oral instructions and good interpersonal skills.Employee must have ability to work multiple tasks under tight time constraints.
* The ability to set priorities and accomplish duties with little supervision and direction.Must have capability to demonstrate good leadership and management skills.