Human Resources Generalist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2020
END DATE 8/20/2020
Design Within Reach
JOB DESCRIPTIONDesign Within Reach is in search of an HR Generalist to support our corporate and retail functions. The HR Generalist is responsible for leadership and tactical support in the following areas of Human Resources: talent acquisition, compensation and benefits, procedures, and employee relations. The HR Generalist will report to the Human Resources Senior Manager.
What you ll do:
You'll have opportunities to design, achieve and build relationships every day as you...
* Counsel and coach employees at all levels of the Retail organization to resolve conflict and provide advice on personnel issues while promoting development
* Act as neutral third-party in resolution of employee relations issues
* Assist managers with performance management including performance warnings and terminations
Policies and Procedures:
* In partnership with the Human Resources Team, develop and implement HR procedures that support our strategic plans while ensuring compliance with federal and local laws and requirements
* Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
* Conduct exit interviews, analyze data, and make recommendations for corrective action and improvement
* Participate in developing department goals and systems
* Maintain working knowledge of all benefits offered by Retail team, to provide employees with information and answer general questions
* Track and maintain all workers comp claims and associated paperwork
* Record OSHA reporting information
* Additional tasks/projects
Payroll and Benefits:
* Ensure all paperwork submitted to Payroll is accurate and timely
* Act as a liaison between employees and Benefits Team regarding inquiries and benefits updates
* Manage full cycle recruiting process for Retail team
* Proactively sourcing and recruit top talent to join Retail team
* Utilize Applicant Tracking System to review applicants, maintain current online application, screening questions, keep user access up-to-date, pull reports on recruiting metrics i.e. time-to-fill, etc.
* Provide guidance and coaching for hiring decisions and interview techniques
* Build and maintain temp agency relationships, working with managers in each area of the business to organize and maintain temporary staffing needs
* Support and execute recruiting efforts through job posting, job fairs, community outreach, resume and candidate initial phone and in person screening, interview scheduling, and candidate correspondence
Does this sound like you*
This might be you if you have the following skills and abilities...
* 3-5 years of Human Resources experience required, experience working for a luxury retail organization is a plus
* Bachelor s degree in Human Resources or related area
* Problem-solving skills; extremely detail-oriented, motivated and organized
* Handle confidential/sensitive issues with diplomacy and fairness
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Strong customer service focus
* Ability to work on multiple projects while managing deadlines
* Understand HR metrics and related reporting
* Knowledge of current HR laws including ADA, FMLA, Workers' Comp, EEO, COBRA, HIPPA, Labor Law, and OSHA regulations
* Knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio; working knowledge of Kronos and UltiPro is a plus
As a Human Resources Generalist, you'll be eligible for DWR's comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, parental leave, green transit subsidy and more.
Design Within Reach provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type.
Design Within Reach is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.