Baker Team Member - Mariano's
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2020
END DATE 8/13/2020
Buffalo Grove, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONBaker Team Member - Mariano's
Position Summary: Demonstrate a love for food and passion for people while creating an excellent customer experience by maintaining a friendly, safe and clean environment. Produce bakery products, ensure consistent product quality and meet daily production needs. Develop a proficiency in baking. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
* Demonstrate teamwork to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant working and shopping environment.
* Provide friendly and efficient customer service by demonstrating sincerity, patience and respect in all customer interactions and by thanking customers for their business.
* Greet customers in a genuine and friendly manner throughout the store and assist them by escorting them to products, loading/unloading heavy items and helping them to retrieve out of reach items.
* Effectively communicate with customers and respond to questions and requests in a timely manner.
* Properly operate bakery equipment and wear proper personal protective equipment (e.g., mixer, sheeter, molder, divider, pallet jack, rounder, cookie cutting machine, donut cutter, scraper, scales, knives, oven, timer, racks, shrink wrapper, decorating tube, bread slicer, labeler, cleaning utensils, glazer, air brush, spatula, chemical resistant gloves and splash goggles) according to company guidelines.
* Gain and demonstrate working knowledge of all Bakery equipment; perform baking procedures including mixing, prepping, proofing, baking and frying.
* Ensure proper product preparation, packaging, presentation, rotation, and replenishment.
* Verify in-stock position of available product.
* Consistently execute all Bakery standard operating procedures (SOP's).
* Make product recommendations to customers and provide samples.
* Use the appropriate supplies, monitor product quality and code dates to reduce shrink reduce cost and communicate issues to the Manager of Bakery.
* Use the appropriate supplies, and communicate code dating issues, shrink opportunities
* Maintain high cleanliness standards; clean as you go, inclusive of washing, cleaning, sweeping, mopping.
* Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines; comply with and reinforce all food safety and safety regulations/guidelines/procedures and programs; report all issues and illegal activity, including robbery, theft or fraud.
* Assist general team members as needed.
* Physical demands include, but are not limited to, frequently lifting/carrying objects 15 to 100 lbs., turning, pushing/pulling 220 to 550 lbs., walking on uneven ground, standing, reaching, stooping/bending and exposure to hot surfaces and work in hot environment; occasionally lift/carry objects 40 to 100 lbs., pushing/pulling objects up to 2500 lbs., climb ladders, stoop, crawl.
* Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
* High school education/GED or currently enrolled
* Effective interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment; takes initiative
* Friendly, approachable and outgoing demeanor/team player
* Sound judgement/decision making skills
* Ability to read/interpret documents
* Basic math skills (counting, addition, and subtraction)
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening
Jobs at Mariano\'s: At Mariano's, our values are rooted in the Midwest -we work hard and we believe in the team members that make what we do possible each day. It's these values that allow us to continue to grow and provide our customers with the best value and service as we have for over 140 years.Here, you'll find opportunities to advance your career, fulfill a leadership role and be a member of team that is dedicated to supporting our stores and creating a shopping experience that customers love.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit . We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: IL||Buffalo Grove|| 450 W Half Day Rd ||60089 || Mariano's||[[mfield2]]||Customer Service; Store Operations ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Part-Time|| None