HVAC Application Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2020
END DATE 8/13/2020
Stark Tech Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are seeking an analytical and logical thinking problem solver to join our engineering team. If you have the ability to adapt quickly to new technologies we want to speak to you.
How are you successful in this role?
You should be able to configure and build complete building environmental control systems. Commission and test a customized web-based energy and building equipment monitoring application that provides centralized access and visibility to various customers' building automation systems. Be able to analyze the HVAC system performance data collected by the energy monitoring application to determine and recommend ways to curtail waste of energy and spend for the customer. Help create, adapt and optimize the existing FDD (Fault Detection and Diagnostics) equations to suite the HVAC system platform. Add innovative new features to the EBMS application platform to improve the product value, customer satisfaction and conserve resources. Transform customer requirements to product features through thorough testing and R&D. Improve the existing product deployment process by implementing automation through scripts, error proofing measures and eliminating redundant manual processes using Six Sigma best practices. The ability to perform Quality Assurance tasks to identify issues with data quality or the real-time functionality of buildings that are live on the EBMS platform. Standardize naming convention of thousands of data points across disparate BAS platforms to allow for analytics to be performed across all HVAC platforms in a large and varied national real estate portfolio. Troubleshoot BAS controllers and network issues related to HVAC infrastructure and provide client technical support to resolve any issues. Perform customer site surveys to gather information of installed HVAC equipment and controlling BAS. Compile specifications related to the surveyed equipment using web resources and catalogs of heating, ventilation, air conditioning equipment and building automation systems.
What are we looking for?
* Associates Degree in Building Automation or Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering
* Must posses a good understanding of a variety of BAS systems for HVAC equipment, electronic building automation controllers, electrical concepts and building operations
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office software and strong PC skills
* Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and changing business requirements
* Must be able to travel up to 20% of the time
What we would love to see?
* Minimum of two (2) years experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Building Automation or Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering, or relevant Master's Degree program
* Basic knowledge of data communication protocols including, but not limited to BACNet & Modbus
* Expertise in Data Analytics software like Metlab, EnergyPlus, R, MS-Excel, etc.
Who are we?
U&S Services Inc. is a Stark Tech Group company, a leading provider of comprehensive intelligent building management solutions for facilities in multiple industries. starktechgroup.com
U&S Services Inc.provides intelligent building controls and automation systems to help companies execute energy and operational strategies. We do more than sell control systems and building analytics software; we partner with our customers to solve problems and drive outcomes through innovative technology, expertise, and practical experience.