This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2020
END DATE 8/13/2020
Core and Main
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Core & Main
Based in St. Louis, Core & Main is a leading distributor of water, sewer, storm drain and fire protection products in the United States. Operating approximately 275 branches nationwide, the company combines local expertise with a national supply chain to provide contractors and municipalities innovative solutions for new construction and aging infrastructure. Core & Main s 3,500 plus associates are committed to the safe distribution of water and fire protection to help communities thrive. Visit www.coreandmain.com to learn more.
Partner with sales to provide expertise and answer questions regarding products and services. Demonstrate how product/services can solve customer issues and create sales opportunities. This position requires operation of a Company Vehicle or a Personal Vehicle and such operation is done consistently more than 20% of the average work week. If selected for this position, Core & Main will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this position is an acceptable MVR report.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
* Develops strategic relationships with vendors in the following areas: negotiations, pricing, terms of sale, freight, and rebates.
* Develops new product from concept to implementation.
* Forecasts, prospects and bids for new business, customers, markets and additional service opportunities.
* Provides field training and consultation to sales personnel on product information.
* Promotes and reinforces business image as a total solutions provider.
Nature and Scope
* Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information, inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
* Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by supervisor and/or direct \\"customers\\" of the process.
* May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support personnel or professional personnel.
* Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting and maneuvering material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
* Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort.
* Typically requires overnight travel more than 50% of the time.
* Must be eighteen years of age
* Must pass the Drug Test
* Must pass the Background Check
* Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
* Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally 2-5 years of experience in related field; certification is required in some areas OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in related field. Certification is required in some areas.
* Experience in contract negotiation.
* Knowledge of customer business needs.