ASST FRNT END LEAD ASSOC
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2020
END DATE 8/12/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DETAILS
Under general supervision, lead front-end sales associates in the replenishment of front end impulse fixtures and ensure exceptional service is provided to each customer in absence of the Front-End Lead Sales Associate. Provides support to other managers as requested.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: * Lead the work of sales associates serving as cashiers including six to eight active registers.
* Operate cash register and flatbed scanner as needed to provide great customer service.
* Authorize voids and overrides; count register; make bank deposits.
* Assist in maintaining strict cash accountability, key control, and adherence to company security practices and cash control procedures.
* Monitor cash levels and make appropriate drawer pulls as directed by the Store Manager.
* Monitor cameras for unusual activities (customers and employees), if applicable.
* Supply cashiers with change when needed.
* Complete all required paperwork and documentation according to guidelines and deadlines as assigned.
* Assist in the training of new cashiers;Cash handling policies and proceduresProper Scanning techniqueEngaging the customerCashier selling activityAsking for additional front end help when lines start to back up
* Responsible for the sanitation and execution of the front end cleaning schedule.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: * Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
* Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier accountability and deposit control.
* Ability to perform cash register functions.
* Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and practices.
* Effective interpersonal and oral & written communication skills.
* Understanding of safety policies and practices.
* Ability to read and follow plan-o-gram and merchandise presentation guidance.
* Knowledge of and willingness to comply with company policies and procedures as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures manual, Employee Handbook, and company communications.
* Ability and willingness to obtain required certifications in food handling.
WORK EXPERIENCE &/OR EDUCATION: * High school diploma or equivalent.
* Six months to one year of retail clerk experience.
* Previous lead experience and/or grocery store experience preferred.
* Attainment of required local and state food handling certifications, if applicable.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.