Surgical Technologist II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2020
END DATE 9/2/2020
Seattle Children's Hospital
The Bellevue Clinic and Surgery Center is an award winning facility. The Surgery Center is internationally recognized for its innovative LEAN design and workflow, with 4 OR's.
This is a 0.75 FTE Surgical Tech II position.
The Surgical Technologist II possess expertise in the theory and application of sterile technique combined with knowledge of human anatomy, anesthetic types and procedures, surgical procedures, instrumentation, and technology to assist both the surgeon and anesthesiologist during operative procedures requiring general and regional anesthesia. The Surgical Technologist II demonstrates knowledge and expertise in general and regional anesthesia. The Surgical Technologist II will also be cross trained to perform Anesthesia tech duties. Duties may additionally include functioning as a unit support technician and in the OR core.
* Secure and prepare all supplies required for surgical intervention
* Ensure the preparation and maintenance of the sterile field
* Perform instrument counts prior to each procedure
* Perform scrub functions
* Collect and label specimens taken during surgical procedure
* Follow all federal, state and departmental safety procedures
* Perform Anesthesia Tech duties
* Duties may also include functioning in the OR core and turning over rooms
In accordance with House Bill 1155 (effective January 1, 2020), the following areas have clinical unpredictable needs and as a result will have a call obligation within their nursing positions: Apheresis, Cardiac Cath Lab, Dialysis, ECMO, Home Care Services, Imaging Services (including GI Procedures), Perioperative Services, and Transplant Coordinators.
- Graduation from a Surgical Technologist Program OR applicable military surgical technologist course of study.
- Current Washington state registration as a Surgical Technologist.
- BLS for Healthcare Providers.
- National certification as surgical technologist
- Three years surgical tech experience
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
Our community welcomes diverse experiences, backgrounds, and thoughts as this is what drives our spirit of inquiry and allows us to better connect with our increasingly diverse patients and families. Our organization recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The people who work at Seattle Children s are members of a community that seeks to respect and celebrate all the qualities that make each of us unique. Each of us is empowered to be ourselves within this community, which cultivates and promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion at all levels.
Seattle Children s is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Workplace and Affirmative Action Employer.