Radiology Technologist PRN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2020
END DATE 9/29/2020
Swedish Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONDESCRIPTION SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious RADIOLOGY TECHNOLOGIST to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
Swedish Medical Center, part of HCA's HealthONE, is located in the south metro Denver area where it has been a proud member of the community for more than 110 years.
* An acute care hospital with 408 licensed beds, annually Swedish cares for more than 200,000 patients with a team of approximately 2,000 dedicated employees, 300 volunteers and 1,400 physicians.
* With stroke door to treatment times averaging just 20 minutes, Swedish serves as the Rocky Mountain Region's referral center for the most advanced stroke treatment, and was the state's first Joint Commission certified Comprehensive Stroke Center.
* Swedish also serves as the region's neurotrauma and orthopedic trauma provider and is the area's only level I trauma facility with a dedicated burn and reconstructive center.
* Over 150 facilities regularly transfer highly complex cases to Swedish.
* Swedish Medical Center offers patients the highest quality care and the most advanced technologies and treatments in nearly every medical specialty including adult and pediatric emergency, heart care, neurology/neurosurgery, pregnancy and childbirth, orthopedics and joint replacement, cancer care, gastroenterology and liver care, gynecology and urology.
* Additional information about the hospital is available at www.SwedishHospital.com
The Radiology Tech conducts radiologic procedures to provide data to assist in the diagnosis of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
* Operates x-ray equipment to make radiographs of designated portions of the body.
* Under the supervision of a Radiologist, performs x-ray therapy on patients.
* Explains procedures to patients and addresses their concerns.
* Positions patients utilizing immobilization devices.
* May administer barium salts or other chemical mixtures.
* Operates stationary equipment and/or portable equipment used in the Emergency Department, Operating Room and at patient bedside..
* Takes pictures and develops film.
* Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
* Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Practices radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation to patient and staff.
* Provides a safe environment for administering contrast material.
* Assists with transporting patients.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Required Job Qualifications include:
* Graduate of an accredited program for Radiographers.
* ARRT Certification (R)
* Current state licensure or permit to practice medical imagining
* Current Certification in Basic Life Support
* Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
* Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.