This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/28/2020
END DATE 9/26/2020
First Bank of Highland Park
JOB DESCRIPTIONFirst Bank of Highland Park is a community bank committed to our Clients and the community at large. We have worked side-by-side with our Clients since 1955 combining practicality with creativity, while always remaining a consistent and steady financial partner in good and bad economies. Our mission is to provide our Clients with exceptional service coupled with competitive rates and products without bureaucracy. We understand that banking today is more challenging than yesterday, but as a family business, we understand the advantage of being able to remain visionary and focused on the long term picture. Additionally, being independently owned and operated, allows us the authority and flexibility to make decisions quickly. That translates to exceptional service from experienced bankers and staff. First Bank of Highland Park offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. First Bank of Highland Park conducts credit and background checks on all candidates. First Bank of Highland Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran.
Responsible for general accounting functions including general ledger entries, reconciliations, accounts payable and preparation of other reports, schedules and analysis.
- Responsible for accounts payable and fixed assets processing and process improvement
- Responsible for credit card processing, administration (setting up new users, changing user rights and etc.), process improvement and reporting
- Utilize Prologue general ledger, A/P and F/A reporting capabilities to enhance and streamline processes as well as reporting and analysis
- Daily and monthly general ledger and bank account reconciliations
- Preparation of supporting schedules and input of general ledger entries
- Prepare and analyze supporting schedules used for board reporting, regulatory and income tax reporting, and internal and external audit
- Research and communicate fluctuations, as needed, for financial reporting and analysis
- Assist with regulatory reports and financial statements preparation, including weekly FR2900
- Participate in department wide initiatives, including cross-training, documents retention efforts, and process and procedure documentation
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Standards (GAAP)
- Organized and detail oriented
- Strong process improvement and efficiency skills, particularly through the use of technology
Training and Experience
- Bachelor's degree, Major in Accounting/Finance
- Certified Public Accountant or progress toward passing the CPA exam strongly desired
- Microsoft proficiency, especially expertise in Excel and Word
- Strong computer application skills
- Banking and/or Fiserv experience a plus