Senior/Chief IT Architect
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2020
END DATE 10/2/2020
Boston Consulting Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONLocation: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Mountain View/Silicon Valley, New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington, D.C.
Geography: North America
Capabilities: Technology & digital
Industries: Technology industries
WHO WE ARE
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we help clients with total transformation-inspiring complex change, enabling organizations to grow, building competitive advantage, and driving bottom-line impact.
To succeed, organizations must blend digital and human capabilities. Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives to spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting along with technology and design, corporate and digital ventures and business purpose. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, generating results that allow our clients to thrive.
As a seamlessly integrated part of the BCG network, we provide consulting services focused on the development and implementation of business-critical IT architecture and digital solutions. We create technology platforms and deliver exceptionally customized solutions of the future for our clients, from data strategies to next-generation customer journey solutions and transformational business models. We solve the most daunting challenges that companies face today and envision for tomorrow. Our style is entrepreneurial nimble and innovative, with multifaceted, cross-functional teams and completely vendor-independent. Our unique selling proposition is technology expertise and delivery excellence.
Platinion was founded in 2000. Since then, we have grown continuously and successfully. Today we have offices in Europe, North and South America, Asia Pacific and Africa.
PRACTICE AREA PROFILE
BCG Platinion launched in Germany in 2000 to add deep technical expertise to the Boston Consulting Group s existing capabilities. Today, our presence spans across the globe, with offices in Asia, Europe, and South and North America. Our New York-based North American team began in 2014 and in 2017 acquired MAYA Design, a Pittsburgh-based digital design and innovation lab, to grow our capabilities around technology and design. We support our clients total digital transformation through technology, design, cybersecurity, and risk management & financial engineering capabilities. And together with BCG, BCG Platinion s interdisciplinary team of technical experts enable customized technical solutions and accelerate delivery value through new business platforms, application consolidations, and major system implementations.
WHAT YOU\'LL DO
At BCG Platinion, we re bringing design to the front line of business challenges, creating work that solves problems in novel, feasible, and desirable ways. Our team applies a discovery-driven approach in order to create innovative and exciting end-to-end experiences at the intersection of people and technology. As an IT solution architect, you will collaborate on interdisciplinary teams of designers, engineers, researchers, technical experts, and consultants to develop leading IT concepts and architectural solutions. In this role, you will apply your sound technical know-how, understanding of business contexts, and analytical skills to enable organizations to technically transform.
Our team of Architect at BCG Platinion are:
* Technical experts. They are critical thinkers and have extensive IT expertise that drives novel solutions routed in complexity.
* Comfortable with ambiguity. They know the path forward isn t always well-defined. They are comfortable and confident working through the unknown.
* Change agents. They know how to make change happen across an organization. They can align and onboard teams to implement new processes and toolsets. They embrace complex challenges and guide an organization to optimize IT best practices.
* Agile advocates. They are well-versed in agile methodologies and use their expertise to strategically tackle difficult challenges and implement change.
* Collaborative. They are interdisciplinary team players who seek alignment and establish relationships ranging from cross-functional stakeholder groups to existing teams.
* Innovative. They are creative thinkers who apply their deep IT architecture expertise to envision novel design patterns for the next generation of technology solutions.
* Knowledgeable. They have a sophisticated understanding of IT Architecture, acting as a viable resource on teams as both a hands-on practitioner and subject matter expert.
You re good at:
* Solution architecture and evaluation of alternate approaches
* Restructuring IT processes and organization
* Supporting IT functions during mergers and acquisitions, including the functional and technical transformation of an organization s IT department
* Evaluating an organization s IT and software architecture
* Assessing and implementing IT architectures
* Evaluating products, such as core systems
* Developing technical concepts development and designing of software solutions
* Assessing quality assurance for IT implementation
* Assisting in the design and implementation of feasibility studies
* Designing work packages/modules in IT implementation projects
* Reviewing technical architecture and code
* Executing technical proofs of concept
* Analyzing complex IT application landscapes and status quo for IT architecture optimization
* Optimizing the application development processes
* Developing team s talent by providing direction and facilitating technical architectural discussions
WHAT YOU\'LL BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
* Bachelors in information technology, business administration, computer science, business management, or system controls & engineering or a related field
* 3 to 8 years of professional experience in software engineering with more than 2 years in architecture discipline
* Superior technical knowledge, engineering rigor, and creative problem-solving
* Ability to explain complex technology topics to working teams
* Extensive technical expertise and knowledge of:
* Various technology stacks
* Cloud native applications and cloud services architecture
* Integration methodologies and tools
* API and Microservices architecture
* Structured and unstructured databases and usage patterns
* Programming paradigms and approaches (e.g. object-oriented)
* Process automation approaches and tooling (e.g. DevOps, AIOps)
* Experience in agile engineering and tooling support
* An agile mindset that moves past blockers and a vision to iteratively migrate to the next/modern set of architecture capabilities with a lens of business benefits/value
* Willingness to travel to work with clients and BCG teams.
The Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.