Warfighter Support Systems Engineer V
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2020
END DATE 10/1/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONMINIMUM CLEARANCE REQUIRED TO START:Top Secret SCI w/Polygraph
The Warfighter Support Systems Engineer (WSSE) provides SE&I efforts enabling Warfighter Support Office (TAW) to provide cutting edge technology and engineering solutions to ensure timely access, discovery, and retrieval of GEOINT by joint and special warfighters and IC and coalition partners. The WSSE will enable rapid acquisition and employment of commercially available, open source technologies that allow scalable, extendable distributed interoperable GEOINT capabilities and services. The WFS SE will develop mission-driven prioritized requirements for Solutions Engineering and Implementation, Requirements and Interface Engineering, Integration and Test, and End-To-End (E2E) Performance Modeling and Analysis, following lean agile process methodology. The WFS SE will also work closely with customers to evaluate security risk to ensure compliance with IC policies and standards; develop deliverables documenting the planning, policy, interfaces and architecture of technical security services.
WSSE project deliverables (generated in accordance with best practices and lean agile methods tailored based on government direction) may include: project plans/schedules, user needs assessment, architecture integration and interoperability analysis, CONOPS, requirements and products engineering, test plans/procedures/reports, TTO plans, System Assessment & Authorizations and readiness and opportunities/risks/issues management. The WSSE must have a working knowledge of the NSG architecture, initiatives, segments, programs of record, systems, interfaces, NTO test engineering, GEOINT production life cycle and mission use cases, IC and DoD security policy and procedures and applications. In addition, the WSSE should have a solid understanding of Combatant Command, Service Component Command, and Combined/Joint Task Force structures, their garrison and expeditionary operations, and how capabilities support them. The WSSE should have a working understanding of Key Components and how they work together to provide support as an Intelligence Agency and as a Combat Support Agency. The WSSE will be a key contributor enabling innovative all source capabilities engineering and technology insertion process, from mission needs identification through rapid solutions implementation.
Other WSSE roles and responsibilities include:
* Requests for Change (RFCs)/Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) assessments, impacts, inputs
* Validation of interface operability and satisfaction of integrated inter-system requirements
* Project Status and Technical Review artifacts
* Mission Partner and Stakeholder Integration across organizations, programs, and projects
* Direct support to Warfighter Support Office (WSO) as contractor embedded in WSO GPMO
* Active TS/SCI Clearance (with a current SSBI favorably adjudicated within the last 5 years)
* STEM B.S. in Computer Science / Math / Science / Engineering / related technical field
* 15 yrs experience in related field, with 10 years recent agency (NEA & GEOINT) experience
* Strong SE&I skill/experience applying SE&I processes and project solutions engineering, planning for integration into complex systems or enterprises (e.g., accomplishing requirements analysis, interface definition, detailed implementation planning, readiness control gates, and systems transitions)
* Experience with integrated complex software/hardware systems including systems testing, deployment, transition planning/execution to operations and/or Operations & Sustainment (O&S)
* Technical project planning/scheduling/engineering/analysis expertise and experience
* Self-starter comfortable with limited direction to execute; Ability to independently solve problems
* Ability to work independently and within a distributed team environment
* Strong interpersonal, problem solving, organizational and multi-tasking skills and attention to detail
* Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
* Comfortable briefing technical and non-technical audiences including senior leaders, general/flag officers
HIGHLY DESIRED QUALIFICATION
* Amazon Web Services Certification and experience with the AWS Import/Export Snowball technology
* STEM M.S. in Computer Science / Math / Science / Engineering / related technical field
* Relevant SE&I (INCOSE), IT (ITIL), Agile (SA; CSM), and Cloud certifications; SAFe model SME
* Firm understanding of requirements definition, allocations, traceability, linkages and dependencies
* Strong technical understanding of networks (TCP/IP, LAN/WAN), topologies, web technologies
* Client/server architecture fundamentals understanding
* Knowledge of and hands-on experience using SAFe, JIRA, Confluence, and scrum methodologies
* SME in 3D GEOINT modeling and mission applications
* GEOINT ISR Tasking, Collection, Processing, Exploitation, Dissemination systems
* Demonstrated experience with security engineering policies/procedures supporting ICD 503 accreditation and NIST 800-53, CNSS 1253 implementation, DoD 8570 compliance; Assessment and Authorizations
* Experience working Security Accreditation and Authorization process activities/compliance
* Working knowledge of NSG Acquisition Processes and Change Management/CM processes
* Military intelligence, military acquisition, and/or combat arms experience especially at Combatant Command and tactical unit levels
Must be able to obtain, maintain and/or currently possess a security clearance.