This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2020
END DATE 10/2/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOMPANY SUMMARY
Join our team! First American's National Production Services division provides global title and escrow production support across all channels within First American Title including the Mortgage Services, Commercial, Direct, and Agency divisions. As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. We believe that our people are the key to the company s continued success, and we invest in diverse talents and backgrounds and empower our teams to achieve more than they could anywhere else. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for the fifth consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com
PARTICIPATES IN THE DESIGN, DEVELOPMENT, CODING, TESTING, DEBUGGING, AND MAINTENANCE OF SOFTWARE CODE FOR BUSINESS APPLICATIONS. RESPONSIBLE FOR MIDDLE-TIER IMPLEMENTATION AND INTEGRATION WITH BACKEND DATABASES. WORKS WITH TECHNICAL STAFF TO UNDERSTAND PROBLEMS WITH SOFTWARE AND DEVELOPS SPECIFICATIONS TO RESOLVE THEM. PARTICIPATES IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF SOFTWARE USER MANUALS.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
* Collaborate with product managers to translate business requirements into system specific functional requirements.
* Responsible for design and full implementation of product. Experience with presentations. Also, ensures architecture meets design specs.
* Performs tasks necessary to support design, QA and implementation teams necessary to rollout product.
* Research, design, write, test and implement new software applications and systems.
* Modify and enhance existing complex applications and systems.
* Champion change; drive and set technical direction for the functional group.
* Responsible for quality assurance review.
* Acts as project leader for projects with small budgets or limited duration.
* Propose and split large architectural objectives into smaller incremental objectives
* Evaluate design alternatives, and perform cost benefit analysis
* Monitor and report to management on the status of project efforts, anticipating and identifying complex issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implementing corrective actions.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED OR EXTENDED
* Has full technical knowledge of all phases of applications programming.
* Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and established policies and procedures.
* Troubleshoots and guides others on a wide variety of complex problems and identifies solutions within broad application and functional expertise.
* Works to define and implement conceptual issues.
* Acts Independently under general direction
* Leverages a wide range of additional resources to explore/implement complex customized applications as a solution.
* Acts as a team leader for projects with moderate budgets or of a short to intermediate duration
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS/TECHNOLOGY USED
* Fluent multiple application development languages at an expert level
* Experience with various computer platforms and application environments
* Expertise with developing multiple tiers of multi-tiered software applications
* Expertise in designing programs, applications and systems
* Constantly updating technical knowledge and skills and mentoring others to increase the skill level of the department
* Must have conceptual understanding of domain technologies.
* Ability to convey technical and conceptual ideas/topics to non-technical personnel
* Strong organizational or Project Management skills
* Ability to design systems with Infrastructure, Network and server operations team in building complex enterprise level applications.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Master's Degree preferred
TYPICAL RANGE OF EXPERIENCE
* Typically 7+ years of directly related experience
* Experience working with distributed team is preferred
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.