Production Manager-Schenectady, NY
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/4/2020
END DATE 10/2/2020
Dutch State Mines
JOB DESCRIPTIONDSM Bright Science. Brighter Living.
Royal DSM is a global, purpose-led, science-based company active in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. DSM s purpose is to create brighter lives for all. DSM addresses with its products and solutions some of the world s biggest challenges while simultaneously creating economic, environmental and societal value for all its stakeholders customers, employees, shareholders, and society at large. DSM delivers innovative solutions for human nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and connectivity. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about 10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company was founded in 1902 and is listed on Euronext Amsterdam.
More information can be found at www.dsm.com.
The Production Manager is responsible for all operational aspects of supervision within the dry blending production areas. This role will manage all of production and have 3 supervisors has direct reports.
* Bachelor s degree required-specifically within Engineering or Technical program.
* 10 years of experience in manufacturing (food preferred).
* Knowledge of SAP or equivalent MRP (Manufacturing Resource Planning) system, GMPs, SOPs, safety protocols.
* Familiar with a variety of the production concepts, practices, and procedures.
* Leadership skills that be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and valuation of these employees.
* Time management, communication skills, mentoring, coaching, continuous improvement.
* Ensures team operates in a safe environment, guided by the principles of the DSM Life Saving Rules, and associated policies.
* Executes production plan, adheres and reports gaps in production schedule, monitors in process quality control, communicates goals to team, leads production staff in accordance with policies and procedures established by DSM. Responsible for assuring compliance with FS22000, ISO standards, and regulatory bodies.
* Develops, mentors, and supports shift supervisors in driving continuous improvement efforts, improving employee engagement, and support business growth.
* Appraise team performance, reward and manage performance of employees.
* Work closely with warehouse and supply chain in regards to staging teams to ensure availability of production materials.
* Participate in customer or regulatory agency audits on site.
* As part of the production deviation process, participates in timely investigations and implementation of corrective and preventative action.
* Maintains all aspects of production areas to maintain GMP, SHE, HACCP, and 5S compliance.
* Work with continuous improvement and maintenance teams to identify repairs and preventative maintenance items. Provides prioritization to scheduled work.
* Displays and promotes positive safety behaviors at all times; uses proper personal protective equipment, appropriate safety tools, equipment and procedures to ensure that self and others go home safely each day; that area and equipment operate at the highest safety levels; that all people in the area comply with the safety directives while keeping production areas neat and clean.
* Ensures that all personal safety, quality and other assigned training is up to date and in compliance.
* Ensures that all team member s safety, quality and assigned other training is up to date and in compliance.
* Executes and manages Risk Assessment Permit to Work (RAPW) within the production area.
* Conducts Life Saving Rule audits and GEMBA walks on a regular basis.
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improve people s lives and solving the challenges of today s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and
affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.