Registered Respiratory Float - Part Time - East
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2020
END DATE 9/27/2020
Mayfield Heights, OH
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DETAILS
Provides assessment, treatment, care and evaluation for patients with respiratory insufficiencies.
24 HOURS WEEKLY **Float Pay***
FLOAT TO MULTIPLE EAST SIDE LOCATIONS:
- Hillcrest Hospital
- Euclid Hospital
- Marymount Hospital
- South Pointe Hospital
*must float to a minimum of 3 locations
**also open to float to all CCF locations
RESPONSIBILITIES: * Assesses patient for appropriate type and frequency of treatment and develops a plan of care based on diagnosis.
* Directs respiratory staff for delivery of care. Implements and monitors patient care plan.
* Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
* Performs advanced respiratory care modalities.
* Evaluates respiratory practice, administration of medications, and treatment based on patient outcomes.
* Educates the patient and family about the illness and provides information about community support groups and other available programs.
* At sites where applicable, the employee will perform blood gas puncture and analysis.
* If the employee is designated as a Technical Consultant by the blood gas Laboratory Director, the employee must meet minimum qualifications as specified by the CLIA code of federal regulations.
* Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: * Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Therapy program.
* Bachelor's Degree preferred.
* Diploma and/or transcripts must be provided for validation.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the National Board of Respiratory Care.
Ohio Respiratory Care Professional (RCP) Board licensure.
Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart Association (AHA), Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) through American Heart Association (AHA) and/or Neonatal Pediatric Specialist (NPS) certification when appropriate for site.
COMPLEXITY OF WORK: * Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
WORK EXPERIENCE: * Prior experience in critical care preferred.
* Neonatal/pediatric experience preferred when appropriate for site.
* Prior experience performing invasive procedures preferred when appropriate for site.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: * Good manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
* Normal hearing and vision or corrected to normal range.
* May require sitting, standing and walking for extended periods of time.