Senior Software Engineer Data Conversion - Eden Prairie, MN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2020
END DATE 9/25/2020
Eden Prairie, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONCombine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing YOUR LIFE\'S BEST WORK.(SM)
* Coding and development in MuleSoft to enable large flat file transformation
* Writing complex database queries combining multiple tables
* Data analysis to decipher legacy system fields and map with Optum system
* Maintain tasks and updates in Rally
* Collaborate with quality assurance team to ensure testing efforts align with system deliveries and business processes
* Uses pertinent data and facts to identify and solve a range of problems within area of expertise
* Serves as a key resource on complex and/or critical issues
* Performs complex conceptual analyses
* Provides explanations and information to others on the most complex issues
* Motivates and inspires other team members
* Conducts on site analysis of Client legacy system(s) and database(s) with the goal of producing the initial Data Mapping for the Extract process
* Working closely with client end users to find where data is stored in a database if client does not have intimate knowledge of database
* Define data integrity/cleansing requirements for the Transform process
* Preparation of detailed specifications from which programs will be written, or equipment fabricated or installed
* Creates accurate code to Load the data into the target database
* Tests all conversion programs in succession (assembly test) in order to identify programmatic dependencies
* Executes onsite conversion test runs in order to obtain program run times, derive database sizing estimates, and uncover software / hardware / environment constraints
* Creates data verification plans to be used following trial runs at the client site
* Application of configuration management procedures for changes to the operating system files and software
* Participation in the development and preparation of documentation for, but not limited to, procedural, program and user documentation
* Working with business analysts closely to understand business logic
You ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
* Bachelor's degree or higher level of education or equivalent development work experience
* 8+ years of application development (or support) experience in a large enterprise environment
* 5+ years of prior experience data analysis of large, critical data sets
* Ability and willingness to hold on-call responsibilities to respond to system issues 24x7x365
* Excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
* Acquaintance of ETL tools like Talend etc.
* Acquaintance of data analytic tools
* Healthcare industry experience is preferred
* Experience with a relational database preferred (MS-SQL, Oracle, MySql etc.)
* 5+ years of full SDLC experience
* 3+ years of experience with database technologies
* Experience working with ETL tools and writing ETL scripts
* Experience using ALM/Rally/ALM/AHA and ITSM applications e.g. ServiceNow
* Understanding of HIPAA transactions (Healthcare IT)
CAREERS WITH OPTUM. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do YOUR LIFE\'S BEST WORK.(SM)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Software Engineer, Data, IT, Technology, Eden Prairie, MN