This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2020
END DATE 10/3/2020
Los Angeles, CA
Under direction of the Chief Data and Privacy Officer, the Privacy Manager will be responsible for assisting in the development, implementation and direction of a comprehensive privacy program at UCLA Health Sciences in accordance with federal (HIPAA, HITECH, etc.), CA state requirements and UCLA Health Sciences polices. In this role, you will administer the daily operations of the privacy program. You will provide expert guidance on policy maintenance and development, monitoring of privacy activities
(auditing, risk assessments, and walk-throughs), and management of privacy incidents. You will serve as a key consultant to business owners in the organization on privacy matters such as Business Associate Agreements, breach mitigation, and others.Qualifications
* Bachelor's degree required; Masters preferred
* Certification in CHC, CHP, CHPS, or IAPP preferred; if you do not have certification, you will be required to obtain certification within 18 months of hire
* 5+ years of privacy compliance experience required; will also consider candidates with experience in HIMS, the Epic privacy space, etc.
* Supervisory experience required
* In-depth knowledge of compliance, privacy, and security regulations, and detailed knowledge of California law related to the privacy and security of patient and other personally identifiable information
* Experience in reviewing, analyzing, and summarizing data in Excel and PowerPoint required
* Working knowledge of the 7 elements of an effective compliance program
* Strong understanding of healthcare clinical documentation and electronic software programs
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.