Special Procedures Technologist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2020
END DATE 9/24/2020
CHI SAINT JOSEPH HOSPITAL
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U. S. , from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Full Time, Day Shift, Saint Joseph Main Hospital, OR
QUALIFICATIONSJOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE
Perform a variety of complex specialized tasks eminent in operating radiographic equipment to perform vascular and neuroradiology angiographic and interventional procedures.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities * Perform complex specialized tasks associated with the operation of radiographic equipment to make special study radiographs of designated body portions in accordance with radiation safety procedures
* Position patients; immobilize as necessary
* Assist radiologist during angiographic and interventional procedures
* Operate fluoroscopic equipment. Position patients for rapid sequence filming during contrast media administration
* Set up sterile trays and other equipment practicing sterile technique
* Assist radiologist during procedure to include handling of instruments, operating and monitoring equipment, calling out equipment readings; alerting physician to changes in patient condition
* Scrub to assist with passage of catheters/guide wires
* Load power injectors with contrast media; prepare for injection
* Process film, collate in sequence and label appropriately. Maintain film archival system
* Schedule patient procedures from referring physician's offices
* Assist in orientation of new technologists; provide education and training to student technologists. Maintain patient records and statistical data. Coordinate scheduling and patient flow within the neuro/vascular radiographic suites; coordinate procedure performance across different hospital divisions (anesthesia, pediatrics, radiology)
* Maintain supply inventory; order supplies
* Other duties assigned by manager
Required Education (for CHI Leadership Job Levels from Supervisor through President)
Does Not Apply
Required Education for Staff Job Levels
Associate's Degree in Radiology program.
Required Licensure and Certifications
Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT)
Licensed in the state of Kentucky. BLS and ACLS.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to work with complex technology
One (1) years of experience in Interventional Angiography/Cardiac CathEqual Opportunity
CommonSpirit Health is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
External hires must pass a post offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.