Senior Developer - Treasury Technology
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2020
END DATE 10/4/2020
J Harlan Associates
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONJ Harlan Group is currently conducting a search for a Senior Developer Treasury Technology at a prominent Global Hedge Fund.
This fast growing and dynamic investment organization is experiencing exceptional growth and is looking for exceptional people to power its next phase of growth. The Senior Developer Treasury Technology will be a significant contributor in enabling their vision and helping the organization to grow and improve their businesses.
An exciting opportunity to build scalable and creative treasury tools to automate the treasury processes providing the firm with a distinct commercial advantage that will enable a host of opportunities that will differentiate the firm from their competitors
The Senior Developer will be responsible for the development of treasury solutions with a deep focus on funding, margining, Internal and external reporting; and interconnectivity with counterparties, custodians, exchanges etc. applications including
* Funding, margining and clearing;
* Internal and external reporting; and
* Interconnectivity with counterparties, custodians, exchanges etc.
* Real-time Treasury Desk integrated with the firm's Trading Model (used to model the lifecycle of trades and instruments)
The Senior Developer will be responsible for the;
* Design, Implementation and Support of Treasury applications and solutions
* Design and development of financial services applications following Agile and continuous delivery practices
* Working closely with business users and analysts to create treasury solutions
* Building new Margin/Liquidity systems with deep analytical and real time functionality
The ideal candidate would have a background:
* Treasury (Fixed Income, Rates) development experience
* Knowledge and experience in Java including OO programming skills, Algorithms and Data Structures.
* A strong computer science band technical background
* A degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Financial Engineering
* Ability to craft creative and practical solutions to problems and express those solutions in code.
* Strong desire to contribute and build a business - not just solve novel problems.
An individual who loves solving deep and complex technical and business problems and wants to have an outsized impact with the products they build and deliver. An individual with a passion for technology, high level of intellectual curiosity, a commitment to excellence and an unparalleled drive to deliver world-class software across.
If you or anyone in your network would be interested in this opportunity, please send resume to Owain Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jerry Goldberg at email@example.com or directly contact us at (212) 792-9756 or (212) 792-0099
About the Client:
The firm is a leading alternative asset manager managing more than $27bn of assets with an outstanding track record of following a comprehensive, multi-strategy approach to investing and allocating capital dynamically to the most compelling opportunities and harvesting multiple sources of alpha.
They have a relentlessly focuses on innovation and integration: innovation in new products, markets and businesses as well as new tools, models and technology management and performance structures; integration of fundamental research, quantitative strategies and technical analysis, all supported by an intensive focus on operational excellence and comprehensive risk management.
They employ over 1400 talented professionals in locations around the globe across portfolio management, trading, credit, research, quantitative strategy, trading technology, investment management analysis and business management administration and strategy.
They seek candidates who are high-energy self-starters who want to join an investment management firm on the leading edge of the global markets. The management team needs individuals of the highest professional caliber who are leaders, problem solvers, analytic, detail-oriented, and entrepreneurial. Everyone at the firm works side-by-side with the firm's senior partners in a highly collaborative and charged trading floor environment.
Successful candidates are:
* Analytic and relentless in pursuit of the right answer
* Strong communicators who excel at rapid synthesis
* Able to demonstrate sound business judgment
* Able to digest complexity while maintaining an understanding of the \\"big picture\\" of business needs
* Team players who are energized by a collaborative enterprise
The firm's employees maintain the highest professional and ethical standards. The firm has earned a reputation for honesty, fair dealing, and transparency in a competitive industry. They believe that these standards are the foundation for superior investment performance and are critical to delivering performance to clients.