Product Manager, Self-Service WiFi
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2020
END DATE 10/2/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONWithin the TPX organization, Comcast s Digital Home team is seeking to bring the future to our customers with a radically simple yet powerful connected home experience. This means making it incredibly easy to have unrivaled speed and coverage throughout your home; delivering magical smart home solutions that just work; and being the industry leader to keep your home private, safe, and secure. Broadband has become Comcast s hero product, and the Digital Home team is developing the complete connected home experience that makes our broadband so unique.
Our Digital Home team is developing the core mobile application for our Xfinity business. One of our central tenets is to provide the best WiFi for our customers both inside and outside the home. Self Service WiFi which aims to empower our users to identify & solve problems on their own using digital tools is a key part of our strategy. Product Manager, Self Service WiFi will bring this vision to life by creating easy, contextually aware troubleshooting experiences. These experiences will allow all customers to:
Quickly identify the root cause of Internet / WiFi issues
Troubleshoot issues on their own with simple contextual digital tools
Get help quickly when they require assistance
Connectivity & Self Service are some of the most important areas of focus for Comcast. The successful candidate will be part of the team tasked with delivering one of the most important intiatives in this area.
A successful candidate is
Technical & good with details. You know how to translate a UX experience into users stories and manage a product backlog. You work cross-functionally with your design and engineering partners, providing clear direction on the what and why but giving them a strong voice to define the how . You don t have to be an experience software developer but you understand how software is built and understand micro service architectures.
Execution-oriented. You also know the art of the MVP: to launch that dream experience you have break the work down into phases, drive product development, ship experiences, study how customers use them, and iterate. You know how to roll with the punches, find the path forward as the landscape changes, and clearly communicate and bring all impacted partners along with you.
Data Driven. You love numbers and charts and understand the story they are telling you. You understand how to ask your data questions and are able to dive deeper into the details to uncover what is really happening. You understand how to instrument your product to get missing data points and understand the subtleties of data collection. You are able to define KPIs upfront and continually optimizing the products against those KPIs
A relationship builder. You know that relationships drive your ability to succeed. You understand the value of listening first, then talking; of giving consistently and receiving occasionally. You ve seen how strong cross-team collaboration and partnership yields that best outcomes.
- Work closely with the WiFi Experience Product Owner to shape the vision around Self Service WiFi (Speed)
- Own development across the following product lifecycle phases product delivery, deployment, and optimization.
- Write detailed user stories based on inputs from internal and external stakeholders
- Work with product owner & engineering to prioritize features, groom the backlog and assist in sprint planning
- Drive roadmap discussions making quantified and justifiable trade-off decisions in scope, date, and quality
- Take a data-driven product approach defining and reporting on key metrics and optimizing the against those metrics.
- 2+ years in product management or product marketing roles.
- Digital background working in both mobile and web environments.
- Experienced practitioner of Agile software development
- Familiar with Micro Service Architectures
- Familiar with broadband and WiFi technologies, along with the surrounding environment including provisioning, back-office, and operational tools
- Track record in leading end-to-end deliveries of high-quality products and experiences.
- Ability to perform within a closely-knit team and improve the execution of your teammates.
- Data literate and comfortable with data analysis
- A self motivate & quick learner ready to dig in
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer