Specialized Equipment Operator - 1B RDC
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2020
END DATE 9/26/2020
Dick's Sporting Goods
DICK S Sporting Goods is seeking a full-time Specialized Equipment Operator to join our distribution center team in Conklin, NY for Shift 1B.
DICK S Sporting Goods operates 5 state-of-the art Distribution Centers located in Atlanta, GA; Conklin, NY; Goodyear, AZ, Plainfield, IN (near Indianapolis); and Smithton, PA. Associates at our Distribution Centers are responsible for the final transportation of merchandise to the sales floor. Our critical team members literally deliver the DICK S experience to our customers.
Specialized Equipment Operator Teammates at the DICK S Sporting Goods Distribution Center Performs the unloading, loading, staging of cartons in compliance with processing standards in a safe, accurate & efficient manner. Responsible for daily cycle counts. Additional for RTV Disassemble bulk defective merchandise for storage or shipping within the Conklin Distribution Center.
Shifts for the Specialized Equipment Operator positions:
Shift 1B: Wednesday - Saturday, 6:30am-5:00pm
Essential Functions of this position include:
* Performs the unloading, loading, staging, palletizing & warehousing of cartons in warehouse racking. Moves freight to the appropriate staging area. Disassembles merchandise to be palletized, shipped or staged in racking. Operates manual & mechanical equipment in a safe & efficient manner
* Sort UPCs
* Use the scan & apply function to process cases. Performs spot checks of system to ensure merchandise is sorted properly
* Work in other departments when work flow demands
* Secures product to skid & shrink wraps as necessary
* Reports errors found on documents to Supervisor. Completes all documentation neatly & accurately. Completes appropriate paperwork for orders in trouble
* Verifies purchase orders, location numbers, case pack quantities, & other information prior to receiving, picking or loading merchandise
* Maintains a safe & clean work environment
* Other duties as assigned
Competitive Hourly Rate
* $15.75 / hour
NOW OFFERING NEW PAY INCENTIVES:
- 15% Premium Pay through December 31, 2020
- Plus, $1.00/hour Retention Bonus for all hours worked through January 30, 2021
At DICK S Sporting Goods, our goal is to be recognized by our customers as the number one sports and fitness specialty retailer for athletes and outdoor enthusiasts, through the relentless improvement of everything we do. Our formula for success is simple: we offer a wide selection of authentic sports, fitness and outdoor merchandise in a convenient, shopper-friendly environment.
As a leading omni-channel retailer, we make lasting impacts on communities through sport and activity. Year after year, our unwavering commitment to these principles has enabled DICK'S Sporting Goods to become a growing Fortune 500 company.
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
* Knowledgeable of where pallets are to be placed in locations based on box size & product
* Candidates must be at least 18 years of age
* Practices safe & secure material handling methods & distributes merchandise properly in accordance with processing standards
* Practices safe & secure loading methods to utilize the maximum amount of trailer space & avoid product damage
* Performs all aspects of material handling manually & through the use of powered equipment with the DC
* Must be willing to be trained & certified on reach truck & order picker
* Experience in WMS / WM, & RF scanner skills
* Ability to bend, stoop, reach, stand, push, pull & lift cartons/bins weighing approximately up to 50 pounds repetitively
* Competitive Hourly Rates
* Operations in a climate - controlled environment
Click HERE to review our Rewards & Benefits Information
Candidates seeking employment with DICK'S Sporting Goods should be prepared to successfully complete a pre-employment background check and drug screening prior to beginning employment.
DICK'S Sporting Goods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.