Senior Systems Engineer Space Missions
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2020
END DATE 10/11/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONPeraton is seeking Senior Systems Engineer to join our team in Greenbelt, Maryland to support our Space Exploration Network Services and Evolution (SENSE) contract at the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. The successful candidate will be responsible for systems engineering activities associated with the development of NASA communications ground systems in support of new human spaceflight programs and initiatives and NASA science missions. This position also involves being a part of a dynamic team executing concurrent planning and execution to meet high-priority national timelines for missions.
What you ll do
* Develop systems engineering-related documentation including:
* Operations Concept documents
* Requirements documents
* Interface Control Documents
* Validation & Verification Plans
* Plan and execute end-to-end systems integration
* Perform analysis, design, and development of ground systems
* Lead and perform trade studies
* A Bachelor's degree in engineering, physics, computer science, or mathematics
* At least 10 years of experience in the analysis, design, and development of communications systems
* Prior experience leading and performing trade studies associated with ground systems
* Prior experience coordinating and directing the work of peers
* This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
* A Master's degree in engineering, physics, computer science, or mathematics
* Prior experience working with NASA programs and projects
* Prior experience working with Department of Defense and/or Intelligence Community organizations
* Have the ability to work under challenging timelines with ambiguity
* Prior experience with mission integration
* An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
* Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
* Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
* Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
* Paid maternity and paternity leave
* Company-paid infertility treatments
* Cross-training and professional development opportunities
* The ability to influence major initiatives
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.