Technology Spec - Network
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2020
END DATE 9/28/2020
PNC Financial Services Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB PROFILE
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Technology Specialist within PNC's Enterprise Network Solutions organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh or Cleveland. This role will be responsible for Implementing and Migrating Enterprise level Network Solutions.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas:
Ability to support Hardware/Software installation and migration of the Network devices like Routers, Switches, out of band management, WAN optimizer etc.
Ability to drive organization strategic initiatives and successfully address the business requirements.
Basic knowledge and troubleshooting skills on the Network Routing and Switching technologies.
Develop Operational guide and conduct transition sessions for Day2 support
Interface with Partners and Vendors to continuously improve the Network performance, deploy innovative solutions, best practices and reduce operational cost.
* Administers, executes processes/procedures and addresses issues for products and services supported in Technology Infrastructure. May support analysis and report generation, exception processing and service management. Implements new products, services, and operational solutions as well as augments existing capabilities.
* Follows a predetermined plan/process and performs simple and routine administration requiring basic knowledge of specified operational products/services.
* Provides technical operational, analytical and research support to technical teams through both written and verbal communications.
* Supports incident resolution and root cause analysis of production problems.
* Assists in the development and maintenance of technical, operational and service procedures, as well as process workflows for operational/applications teams.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
* CUSTOMER FOCUSED - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
* MANAGING RISK - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Hardware Infrastructure Knowledge of and the ability to design, implement and integrate IT hardware for its use in business environments.
IT Standards, Procedures & Policies Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.
Problem Solving Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Process Management Knowledge of business process improvement tools and techniques and ability to understand, monitor, update, or enhance existing business or work processes.
Server Software Knowledge of and ability to configure, install, and support the functions, features and facilities of multi-user operating systems to manage network resources.
System and Technology Integration Knowledge of the features and facilities of systems, and the ability to integrate and communicate among applications, databases and technology platforms.
Systems Software Infrastructure Knowledge of software technology, and the ability to plan global, regional and local software architecture and infrastructure components.
System Testing Knowledge of and the ability to design, plan and execute system testing strategies and tactics to ensure the quality of software at all stages of the system life cycle.
System Testing Tools Knowledge of and the ability to use tools and techniques for automating, simplifying and enhancing system testing.
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree with 1 year of professional experience and/or successful completion of a formal development program. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
DISABILITY ACCOMMODATIONS STATEMENT:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.