Special Procedures Tech - Cath Lab
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2020
END DATE 9/26/2020
CHI St. Alexius Bismarck
Since 1885, CHI St. Alexius Health has been dedicated to leading health care in this region by enriching the lives of patients through the highest quality of care. We seek to continue our tradition of success and innovation with individuals dedicated to delivering the highest level of expertise and quality. Together we can continue to grow and support the legacy of CHI St. Alexius Health for many years to come.
CHI St. Alexius Health is a regional health network with a tertiary hospital in Bismarck, the system also consists of critical access hospitals (CAHs) in Carrington, Dickinson, Devils Lake, Garrison, Turtle Lake, Washburn and Williston and numerous clinics and outpatient services. CHI St. Alexius Health manages four CAHs in North Dakota - Elgin, Linton, and Wishek, as well as Mobridge Regional Medical Center in Mobridge, S. D. CHI St. Alexius Health offers a comprehensive line of inpatient and outpatient medical services, including: a Level II Trauma Center, primary and specialty physician clinics, home health and hospice services, durable medical equipment services, a fitness and human performance center and ancillary services throughout western and central North Dakota.
CHI St. Alexius Health is part of CommonSpirit Health, a nonprofit, Catholic health system dedicated to advancing health for all people. It was created in February 2019 through the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health. CommonSpirit Health is committed to creating healthier communities, delivering exceptional patient care, and ensuring every person has access to quality health care.
To provide and coordinate high quality patient care in all areas of the Heart and Vascular Center upon the order of a licensed physician and in accordance with the mission and philosophy of CHI St. Alexius Health.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
* Demonstrates technical and professional knowledge in patient care through job knowledge, productivity, critical thinking and leadership.
* Manages routine use and quality control requirements of angiography equipment.
* Adheres to established radiation safety protocols for all personnel inside the procedure room.
* Assesses patient relative to requested procedure by collecting pertinent data about the patient and procedure and uses professional judgement to analyze data to select the most appropriate and cost-effective products for completing the requested procedure.
* Prepares past imaging of patient for physicians by pulling them onto the Leo.
* Assists in patient education related to procedure.
* Sets up, maintains, and monitors the sterile field assuring the highest standards of sterile technique are maintained during the procedure.
* Prepares the patient for the procedure assuring that the highest standards are maintained; prepares and administers contrast; performs exams under the supervision and direction of the physician to include imaging, scrubbing and circulating.
* Manages the imaging equipment demonstrating expert visualization and localization of anatomy during angiography procedures.
* Manages and assists the physician with specialized equipment used for diagnostic or interventional purposes and emergent situations.
* Facilitates the delivery of completed exams for physician interpretation, using current imaging technology such as: using appropriate modality or technologist work list management, linking exams, performing exception handling in a timely manner, creates exam memo when appropriate, organizes presentation states, and works professionally with the physician ensuring quality techniques in imaging protocol and timely reporting of exams.
* Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection control policies and protocols.
* Utilize CPT coding for all procedures, staying current on the charging CPT coding system.
* Maintains room supplies by restocking and preparing room for the next exam.
* Adheres to HIPPAA regulations and CHI St. Alexius Health policies.
uccessfully completes the 4 defined job specific competencies, including competencies for age specific, as appropriate. May exceed by completing an additional 2 or more competencies deemed for area selected for that fiscal year. * Takes action to achieve personal goals from performance appraisal.
* Assists Heart and Vascular Clinical Coordinator with establishing and implementing the department goals.
* Attendance at Heart and Vascular Department meetings.
* Work attendance will be according to the Heart and Vascular policy, trend will be monitored by the Director.
* Assists in meeting Core Measure and Quality Control thresholds.
Required Education for Staff Job Levels
Graduation from a School of Radiological Technology.
Member of the North Dakota Medical Imaging and Radiation Board of Examiners.
Required Minimum Experience
Preferred 1 year experience as a Radiological Technologist and/or Registered Cardiac Interventional Specialist (RCIS) and/or Cardiac Interventional (CI) and/or Vascular Interventional (VI) certification preferred.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to work independently to perform standard and complex procedures under minimum direction.
Working knowledge of computer skills.
PREFERRED Education and/or Experience
Current Basic Life Support (BLS) within 480 hours of employment and with re-certification as required.
AHA Advanced Cardiac Life Support within 6 months of hire
CommonSpirit Health is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
External hires must pass a post offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.