Industrial Electrician / Controls Mechanic
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2020
END DATE 9/21/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOMPENSATION: 80000.-110000. / ANNUALLY
Our client, a nationwide sheet metal manufacturer and distributor, has an immediate need for an experienced INDUSTRIAL ELECTRICIAN / CONTROLS MECHANIC to join their winning team here in Closter, New Jersey.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: * Make recommendations on safe operation of equipment
* Troubleshoot 3 phase power issues
* Troubleshoot control issues
* Simple upgrades on your own (replace motor starters with VFD)
* Complex upgrades as part of a team. Recommend PLC / touchscreen / servo, work with other
* engineers on staff and vendors to design and implement these upgrades.
* Train mechanics on basic electrical troubleshooting and good wiring practices.
* Create / update electrical diagrams for changes made
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: * Safety first attitude every day
* 40 hour weeks occasional overtime
* Hours flexible, but start by 8, not to leave before 3
* Occasional Saturday
* Job is dirty some days
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: * Electrical diagrams
* 3 phase
* Control wiring
* Safety devices (light curtains, estop relays)
* Basic VFD
* Basic Motion control
* Mid-level / advanced PLC programming
* Must have some experience with multiple PLC languages