Medical Assistant-RMA/CMA- Orthopaedics-Phoenix and Glendale
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/22/2020
END DATE 9/25/2020
Phoenix Children's Hospital
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Details Department: Orthopaedics
Category: Patient Care Svcs(Tech & Asst)
Posting #: 523030
Date Posted: 8/11/2020
Employee Type: Regular
Posting Note: As a Medical Assistant in our Orthopaedics department, you will perform back-office duties, including charting, checking vitals, and casting. This is a busy department that normally sees an average of 30 patients/day. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced department and have at least one year of work experience (preferred), please apply.You will spend 3 days in Phoenix and 2 days in Glendale, AZ. This position requires a Medical Assistant Diploma and a license/certification from AMT or AAMA only (no substitutes or exceptions for other certifications can be made). Schedule: M -F 8:00 - 5:00 Address Locations: 1919 East Thomas Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85016 and 20325 North 51st Avenue, Glendale, AZ 85308
The Medical Assistant - Certified works under the direction of a licensed health care professional and performs various clinical and administrative tasks for the assigned area. The Certified Medical Assistant is expected to carry out the mission, vision, and values of Phoenix Children's Hospital. A continuous exhibition of professionalism, strong ethical conduct, and integrity must be carried out at all times. Interdepartmental collaboration, high standards of work performance, keeping a positive attitude and adhering to the policies and procedures of Phoenix Children's Hospital is essential. This position requires current and continuous certification from the American Association of Medical Assistants (CMA) or American Medical Technologists (RMA) in the field of Medical Assisting.
* Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
* Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
* Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
* Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
* Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
* Consistent with Medical Assistant education and under the direction of a licensed health care professional, the Certified Medical Assistant performs the following clinical responsibilities including but not limited to:
* a)Measures and records vital signs, growth parameters, medical histories, and signs and symptoms into the electronic health record
* b)Communicates patient related information to the licensed health care provider
* c)Performs electrocardiograms, pulmonary function tests, and other diagnostic testing within the Medical Assisting scope.
* d)Collects laboratory specimens (including blood specimens)
* e)Performs point of care testing
* f)Prepares and administers medications with provider authorization and adheres to all regulations, guidelines, and policies for appropriate storage, mixing, disposal, inventory and labeling of medications
* g)Performs routine screening tests
* h)Assists the provider with exams
* i)Removes sutures, changes dressings, applies bandages and other first aid procedures
* j)Prepares and instructs patients about examinations, diagnostic tests, medications, special diets, and health maintenance
* k)Disposes of bio-hazardous materials in accordance with OSHA safety standards and hospital policies
* l)Demonstrates infection control standards related to hand washing and standard precautions including ensuring that all equipment in exam room is cleaned according to hospital policies
* m)Follows PCH and OSHA safety rules and procedures at all times
* n)Upholds HIPAA regulations
* Administrative responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* a)Communicates prescriptions to pharmacies
* b)Processes medication refills as directed by a provider and according to hospital policies
* c)Obtains prior authorizations for medication
* d)Obtains prior authorizations for DME
* e)Screens telephone calls and takes accurate clinical messages within the Medical Assisting scope of practice as well as in accordance with PCH policies
* f)Returns patient calls with provider directed instructions
* g)Assists patients and providers in completing documentation and any other paperwork in which a provider is required to disclose and/or attest to
* h)Utilizes medication reconciliation tools within EHR.
* i)Cleans and restocks exam rooms
* j)In some clinics, may serve as an eligible witness to cycle counting and wasting of controlled substances
* k)Follows appropriate legal and ethical professional conduct
* Remains up to date with certifications, company mandated training and professional development.
* May be required to float to other practices as needed by hospital and/or as requested by management.
* Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.