Senior Hardware Test Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/22/2020
END DATE 9/25/2020
South Jordan, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Cricut is seeking an experienced and versatile Hardware Test Engineer to join our Hardware Quality Engineering team. You will be responsible to formulating test strategies, designing and developing test plans for new & existing products based on product requirements, engineering specifications and potential customer use cases.
* Analyzing materials and data, conducting tests, troubleshooting, monitoring performance, ensuring quality control and creating documentation during product development stages
* Developing new methods of testing
* Training technicians and lab workers and directing testing
* Maintaining inventories and ordering test supplies and maintaining lab test equipment
* Stay up to date on industry standards and new developments in the field
* Conduct root-cause analysis through Eight Disciplines (8D), etc. to drive corrective & preventive actions (CAPA) through all stages of the product lifecycle
* Developing test plans for: thermal, humidity, vibration, shock, drop/tumble, HALT/HASS, accelerated aging, etc. which will aid in new product qualification
* Utilize quality engineering tools and techniques such as, gage R&R, SPC, DOE, design for reliability to continuously improve and enhance product reliability.
* Communicate and present defect, failure, risk, and opportunity data to cross functional teams
* Collaborate with cross functional teams to validate manufacturing lines and lead continuous improvement initiatives
* Analyze and recommend product s readiness at EVT, DVT, MPQ and MP gates
* Work independently and with cross functional teams globally to develop and deliver Product Risk Analysis (DFMEA, PFMEA, NUDD and Lessons Learned) to ensure high risk items are addressed prior to validating the final design.
* Bachelor s degree or higher in Mechanical, Material Science or Electrical Engineering
* 5-10 years of hands-on technical work experience in related field
* Must have excellent interpersonal skills with spoken and written English
* Self-starter, capable of working independently while making sound technical/business judgments and building strong cross functional relationships
* Experience with engineering drawings
* Excellent understanding of assembly processes
* Practical experience with thermodynamics
* Practical experience with circuit boards and electronics
* Knowledgeable in production control processes, data analysis six sigma tools such as GR&R, Cp/Cpk, SPC, DOE and correlation analysis.
* Experience with any of the following: mechanical parts, gears, castings, plastic parts, injection molding, tooling, jigs, fixtures, or automotive high-volume quality manufacturing engineering
* Working knowledge of UL/ASTM/ISO testing and standards.
* Experience with process and design failure mode effects analysis (DFMEA and PFMEA)
* Experience conducting IPQC, first-article inspections (FAI), site audits at contract manufacturers and suppliers
What to Do Next: Please attach your resume including links to your portfolio where applicable. If you want to show your super powers in other ways include that information too. You can be sure that Cricut is an employer who values individuality, equality and diversity, so tell us what you re all about. If you are a Maker or a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!
At Cricut , we celebrate inclusion and diversity. Cricut is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions based on merit. Cricut prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Cricut participates in E-Verify.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Candidates must pass a background check and reference check.