Loan Documentation Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/23/2020
END DATE 10/22/2020
Forest Park National Bank
Forest Park, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONForest Park Bank
Position Title: Loan Documentation Specialist
Department: Lending Operations
Approved By: Chuck Miller
Position Reports To: Loan Operations Manager
Positions Supervised: None
Prepares loan documentation and performs all necessary functions related to the processing, origination, renewal, and modification of all commercial credit facilities (commercial mortgages, construction loans, lines of credit, term loans, etc.). Works with loan officers, attorneys, title company representatives, and customers to smoothly facilitate loan closings. Follows up on post-closing pending items. Orders inspections and prepares paperwork for construction draw requests. Maintains files and answers and directs telephone calls. Provides professional service to customers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Assumes responsibility for providing effective support for all phases of loan processing activities and promotions.
a. Orders appraisals and assigns internal evaluations to be completed. Follows up on outstanding appraisal reviews.
b. Orders and reviews title work according to procedures, flood determinations, insurance certificates and any other third-party documents necessary to process the loan.
c. Prepares loan documents for closings using LaserPro software.
d. Ensures that the loan package complies with credit approval and follows loan policy before the package is sent to closing.
e. Follows up on receipt of post-closing pending items such as vehicle titles, recorded documents and title policies.
f. Routinely monitors UCC filings to ensure that filings are renewed in a timely manner.
g. Completes HMDA/CRA record for each loan processed using LaserPro software.
h. Reviews tax-monitoring monthly reports for legal descriptions needed by tax-monitoring company and uploads requested information into system.
i. Receives and screens telephone calls. Answers routine questions or directs them to appropriate personnel. Records and relays messages.
j. Completes loan processing duties in accordance with established policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective and professional business relationships with customers and external contacts.
a. Resolves (or refers) requests and problems promptly and courteously. Answers customer questions pertaining to promotions, loans, balances, and payoffs. Assists walk-ins.
b. Keeps customers properly informed of Bank policies and procedures.
c. Maintains and conveys the Bank's professional reputation.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective coordination and communication with area personnel and management.
a. Completes assigned paperwork for Loan Manager and Loan Officers promptly and accurately.
b. Supports and assists area personnel as needed.
c. Maintains departmental files.
d. Attends and participates in meetings as required.
e. Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
4. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
a. Performs miscellaneous clerical functions as needed.
b. Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
c. Assists area personnel as needed, which may include cross-training to process r esidential/consumer mortgage loans.
- Documentation, records, and reports are accurate, current, and submitted on time.
- Files are accurate and up-to-date.
- Good business relations exist with customers. Problems and questions are courteously and promptly resolved or referred.
- Good working relationships and coordination exists with area personnel and with management. Assistance and support are provided as needed. Management is properly informed.
- Loan processing functions are completed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- The Bank's professional reputation is maintained and conveyed.
- Adherence to the Bank's training program by attending and completing assigned training curriculum.
- Adherence to all state and federal regulatory requirements, including but not limited to BSA Compliance, Privacy, and security procedures.
Education/Certification: Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience required
Required Knowledge: Proficiency with Laser Pro, Microsoft Word & Microsoft Excel.
Understanding of consumer and commercial loan products and services.
Knowledge of loan processing functions and related requirements and procedures.
Knowledge of FIS IBS Insight loan system helpful.
Experience Required: A minimum of two years of commercial loan processing experience required.
Skills/Abilities: Effective verbal and written communications skills. Knowledgeable in entity documents to determine authorization and signers.
Knowledgeable in title insurance policy requirements and endorsements required to close.
Strong time management skills, well organized, and able to multi-task.
Able to prioritize and work well under pressure.
Ability to work overtime as needed.
Proven ability to manage post-closing requirements related to commercial loan files.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
Finger Dexterity: Using primarily just the fingers to make small movements such a s typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together.
Talking: Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
Average Hearing: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
Repetitive Motion: Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Average Visual Abilities: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or