Tech Writer III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/24/2020
END DATE 10/2/2020
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPower the Possibilities
The CDK Global technology team is looking for collaborative innovators who are passionate about making their mark on emerging enterprise software products. We re building and developing cloud technology for the automotive retail industry
that will change the landscape for automotive dealers, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and the customers they serve.
Be Part of Something Bigger
Each year, more than three percent of the U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) is attributed to the auto industry, which flows through our customer, the auto dealer. It s time you joined an evolving marketplace where research and development
investment is measured in the tens of billions. It s time you were a part of something bigger.
We re expanding our workforce engineers, architects, developers and more onboarding early adopters who can optimize, pivot and keep pace with ever-evolving development roadmaps and applications.
Join Our Team
Growth potential, flexibility and material impact on the success and quality of a next-gen, enterprise software product make CDK an excellent choice for those who thrive in challenging, fast-paced engineering environments.
The possibilities for impact are endless. We have exceptional opportunities to evolve our industry by driving change through new technology.
If you re ready for high-impact, you re ready for CDK.
This is a great time to join CDK Global with highly motivated teams to build industry changing platform for the automotive industry. Fortellis Automotive Commerce ExchangeTM platform, a technology engine that enables seamless connections and greater collaboration to occur among everyone involved in serving automobile consumers, such as dealers, manufacturers, software developers, lenders and data providers.
Fortellis team is looking for an experienced software technical editor to assist in developing the content pieces of our emerging platforms. Our quickly evolving space requires that the editor is comfortable with software engineering tools and methodologies, editing using developer tools (we use markdown, not word processors or CMS systems), and operating daily in an Agile/Scrum context. The editor we re looking for will work with highly technical SMEs and writers to craft documentation for both technical and non-technical audiences.
We are looking for a highly collaborative, cooperative, and positive team player who is able to adapt quickly as priorities shift. We are in the early stages of many of our platforms, so it requires a level of agility that is more akin to a startup than an established publishing department. This role requires a win-as-a-team attitude, with a willingness to jump in selflessly to help us achieve our goals quickly.
This position is based in San Jose, CA, Austin, TX, Portland, OR
* Edit technical content for either internal or external developers, including API reference docs, use-case driven developer s guides, tutorials, and more
* Manage deadlines and deliverables across multiple products and platforms
* Enforce and promote our standards, best practices, and guidelines,
* Provide coaching and mentorship with regard to writing skills to writers and non-writers where appropriate Create templates
* Participate in the Pull Request + CI/CD process for engineering teams, providing content editing and rewrite suggestions from a Product lens for customer-facing artifacts
* Provide structural editing beyond copy including information architecture
* UI and site content review/editing
* Estimate turnaround time for editing services
* Provide full transparency on work through the Scrum process, helping teammates to work harmoniously and to help each other
* BA/BS degree in a technical field or the equivalent professional experience
* 5-8 years of relevant experience, including a deep understanding of API and SDK documentation structure and editing standards
* Familiarity with developer tools and comfortable with authoring within those tools
* Familiarity with CSS and markdown
* Willingness to switch contexts quickly as needed, using a service or consultant-oriented approach
* Familiarity with Git processes
* Familiarity with Cloud technologies, DevOps, CI/CD, and AWS infrastructure a plus 3-5 years of relevant experience in software, platform engineering, or with IT tools
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.