Manager Emergency Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/24/2020
END DATE 10/15/2020
Portsmouth Regional Hospital
JOB DESCRIPTIONDESCRIPTION SHIFT: No Weekends
HEALTHCARE CORPORATION OF AMERICA (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER s, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health s top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
PORTSMOUTH REGIONAL is a 209-BED ACUTE CARE hospital located in Portsmouth, NH, and is part of HCA, the nation s largest provider of healthcare services. Portsmouth Regional Hospital serves the seacoast region s residents in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts and is one of the area s largest employers. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the only LEVEL II TRAUMA CENTER on the Seacoast and one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction. Recently, we were named One of America s Best Hospitals for Joint Replacements through a National Study by Healthgrades. MOST RECENTLY, WE RECEIVED THE LEAPFROG A HOSPITAL SAFETY GRADE.
Not only do our patients come first, but our employees do too! We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including tuition assistance, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, dental and identity theft protection.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Manager-Behavioral Health to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS &ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
* PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL LEADERSHIP AS AN ADVANCED LEVEL CLINICIAN.
* PROVIDE MANAGEMENT OF ALL PARS CLINICIANS, MAY PROVIDE DIRECT MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES TO INDIVIDUALS
* WORK WITH OTHER TEAM MANAGERS TO ASSURE COORDINATION AND COOPERATION BETWEEN THE OUTPATIENT TEAM, MEDICAL FLOORS, ED, BHU AND OTHER MENTAL HEALTH PROGRAMS.
* COORDINATES CASE MANAGEMENT REFERRALS TO APPROPRIATE LEVEL OF CARE
* RECORDING NEW INPATIENT REFERRALS AS THE CALLS COME IN.
* ASSESS REFERRALS WHICH CANNOT BE SEEN BY STAFF RAPIDLY, MANAGING A TRIAGE PROCESS TO AVOID A WAITING LIST. ASSESS FOR CHILD, PARENTS, FAMILY, MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES, AND BEHAVIORAL HEALTH/MENTAL HEALTH HISTORY OR DELEGATE TO STAFF.
* PROCURE PAPERWORK ON CASES AS NECESSARY TO OBTAIN AUTHORIZATIONS, SEND PAPERWORK TO REFERRAL SOURCE OR FAMILY ON NEW CASES.
* MANAGE IEA NAVIGATOR PERFORMANCE, AND ENSURE QUALITY AND COMPLIANCE FOR EACH IEA PATIENT.
* DIRECT, PLANS, ORGANIZES AND ASSURES IMPLEMENTATION OF ALL CLINICAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES WITHIN PARS.
* OVERSEES MARKETING AND REFERRAL DEPARTMENT
* WORKS WITH STAFF TO MAINTAIN UP-TO-DATE PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIAL FILES
* MAINTAIN DATABASE OF REFERRALS, REFERRAL SOURCES, CASELOADS, AND CONTACTS.
* ASSIST WITH MARKETING, HELP DEVELOP MARKETING MATERIALS, MAINTAIN PERIODIC CONTRACT WITH ALL POTENTIAL RESOURCES AND SEND REFERRAL MATERIALS TO SOURCES.
* DEVELOP AND MAINTAIN ONGOING RELATIONSHIP WITH LOCAL ADVOCATE GROUPS, ADVISORY BOARDS, COMMITTEES, AND GOVERNMENTAL BODIES.
* MAINTAIN STATISTICS ON THE ACTIVITIES OF THE DEPARTMENT, RECOMMEND STRATEGIES FOR IMPROVEMENT IN PERFORMANCE, PRODUCTIVITY, AND PROFITABILITY.
* CONTINUOUS QUALITY IMPROVEMENT FOR PARS AND IDS SERVICES THROUGH DEVELOPMENT OF PROCEDURES, MANUALS, TRAINING MATERIALS, PARTICIPATION IN TRAININGS, BEST PRACTICES, USING STAFF AND THE RESEARCH LITERATURE AS RESOURCES.
* PLANS, DEVELOPS, IMPLEMENTS, AND EVALUATES THE PARS DEPARTMENT; DEFINES NEEDS AND ESTABLISHES GOALS AND OBJECTIVES; ENSURES SERVICE AND RECORD KEEPING COMPLIANCE ACCORDING TO ALL APPLICABLE STATE ADMINISTRATIVE RULES, MENTAL HEALTH ORGANIZATION AGREEMENTS, STATE FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE AGREEMENT AND COUNTY POLICES AND PROCEDURES, THE JOINT COMMISSION.
* PREPARES MONTHLY REPORTS REGARDING REVENUE, DISCHARGES, ADMISSIONS, ETC. AND SPECIAL REPORTS AS NEEDED.
* SCREEN, INTERVIEW, AND PARTICIPATE IN THE HIRING PROCESS OF NEW EMPLOYEES.
* TRAIN NEW STAFF ON PROGRAM AND FACILITY ORIENTATION.
* ASSIST IN DEVELOPMENT OF OUTCOME AND SATISFACTION MEASURES AND COLLECTING DATA.
EXPERIENCE: (MINIMUM RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE FOR SUCCESSFUL JOB PERFORMANCE)
3-7 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE AS SUPERVISOR OR MANAGER IN A CLINICAL SETTING.
BACHELOR\'S DEGREE IS REQUIRED
NEW HAMPSHIRE LICENSED INDEPENDENT CLINICAL SOCIAL WORKER LICENSE IS REQUIRED
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine. We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but everywhere. We re committed to improving more lives in more ways, and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.