Delivery Specialist (Houston, TX)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/27/2020
END DATE 9/28/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONWant to work for a company that is reimagining distribution? Join Univar Solutions, the premier global distributor of chemicals and ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of our customers teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of business success.
At Univar Solutions, we re building on our more than 90 years of experience and drawing on deep resources inventory and logistics experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and marketers-to deliver consultative services and an unmatched portfolio to solve customers formulation and operational challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, you ll play an important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and ingredients.
Responsibilities and Description of Role:
Delivery Specialist is responsible for loading/unloading and delivering MiniBulk and Bulk chemicals as dispatched in the safest and most efficient manner. Delivery Specialist will report to the Operations Supervisor.
* Reading and being familiar with all Company policies and procedures as detailed in the Employee Handbook, Safety Manual, and Operations Manual.
* Taking pride in our Company and doing everything possible to help maintain our goals in Safety, Service, and Profitability.
* Reporting and designated to work on time, and accurately completing time sheets.
* Accurately inputting data into our PeopleNet on-board system and downloading personal data into the computer everyday prior to going home.
* Wearing a uniform daily and maintaining a clean and professional appearance of yourself as well as your assigned tractor and trailer.
* Wearing all required safety gear and personal protective equipment, including a full face respirator when required, during all handling of chemicals.
* Driving in a safe and responsible manner and following all DOT rules and regulations while making chemical deliveries.
* Loading trucks with proper materials (and concentrations) to be delivered as dispatched, and insuring all paperwork complies with Company and DOT policies and regulations.
* Filling out delivery report documents accurately and submitting them in a timely manner.
* Perform minor and routine maintenance on trailer, process equipment, customer tanks and vent traps.
* If there is an equipment or delivery issue with UNIVAR or customer equipment during a delivery either at Yard or at customer site, at Driver Problem Report will be filled in & reported back to Operations Supervisor the same day.
* Safely delivering chemicals as dispatched to our customers promptly and in a courteous fashion.
* Reporting all spills immediately to the Operations Supervisor or Operations Manager. Cleaning up any spill, however minor, to the customer s satisfaction and filling out and turning in the required incident report to the Operations Supervisor.
* Reporting all defects in equipment including tractor, trailer or customer tanks utilizing proper forms, to insure there is a written record so corrective action can be taken.
* Working any overtime, if required, complying with established DOT rules and regulations.
* Coordinating loading times with the shipping department regarding the next day s deliveries to best serve our customers.
* Minimum of (5) years of Class A equivalent driving experience on a full-time work basis in liquid transport.
* A Minimum of 25 years old
* Have previous experience hauling tankers of hazardous chemicals a must and hold current hazardous material and tanker endorsements as required by law.
* Have an excellent DMV report with no moving violations past 10 years.
* Demonstrate the ability to work with corrosive chemicals.
* Provide a current copy of driver file containing:
* Medical form (long form)
* Driver Violation Record
* DMV Report
* Valid Driver s License
* One character reference
* Agree to fully cooperate with the training program for chemical handling and safety.
* Must be able to meet all the requirements for respirator certification including any medical certifications and yearly re-certification with fit testing per OSHA standard 29 CFR 1910.134
* Agree to train to the OSHA Hazmat Emergency Responder Technician certification level and maintain annual certification.
* Agree to a minimum 2 year probation period to establish the job as being right for both the trainee and the company s best interest and welfare.
* Take a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
* Knowledge and DOT regulations
* Knowledge of OSHA regulations
* Familiar with pneumatic pumps, mechanical aptitude preferred
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much more.
Send questions/ resumes to: email@example.com