Account Representative 4/14/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
AS ANESSENTIAL BUSINESS, the work we do is important to our communities and to our overall society. The products we work so hard to support and supply to our customers, are critical and essential to the basic needs of life. With more than 16,000 colleagues globally, we need a vast range of talent and skillsets to grow and thrive; and we strive to enable a world-class, diverse & engaged workforce to deliver on Greif s strategic priorities. We invite you to explore available career opportunities with Greif. WE ARE HIRING!
At Greif your work has purpose, your colleagues care about your well-being, and you have the opportunity to grow and thrive. Service and leadership are the core of everything we do. Our global presence provides us a platform to do good in the world. We are packaging something special together: our customers success and yours.
Responsible for all outside sales activities related to paperboard tubes & cores for multi-state. Manage quality and consistency of product and service delivery. Supported by centralized customer service team.
- Present and sell company products and services to current and potential clients.
- Consistently focused on increasing product market share while maintaining acceptable margins
- Prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific targets
- Identify sales prospects using Salesforce.com and other means
- Prepare presentations and proposals for new and existing accounts
- Develop and maintain current product knowledge by interacting with manufacturing plants
- Establish and maintain current client and potential client relationships
- Prepare documentation to activate new accounts as well as maintain customer relationships
- Manage account services through quality checks, documented communication, and other follow-up
- Identify and resolve client concerns
- Prepare a variety of status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals and expectations.
- Refresh and maintain territory analysis
- Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff
- Prepare reports in Salesforce.com as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor s Degree or above from accredited college/university(Required)
- Highly effective communication skills Oral, written, and team settings
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations
- Technical aptitude
- Strong Interpersonal skills to build rapport with prospective and existing customers and internal staff
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public
- Work requires travel, willingness to work a flexible schedule, and weekly overnight travel
- 2 or more years of industrial sales experience
- Strong skills in use of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong math and writing skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not take into consideration the following when making hiring decisions: race, gender, gender identity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, age, disability status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Disclaimer: This Job Summary indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties as requested.
Greif provides equal employment opportunities for all qualified persons and does not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. In all activities of recruitment, employment, promotions, transfers and other terms and conditions of employment, the individual s ability to perform specific job functions shall be the primary consideration. If, because of a disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact us via fax at 770.799.5832.