Administrative Support Associate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/4/2020
END DATE 8/29/2020
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
The Weinstock laboratory within the Division of Hematologic Neoplasia is seeking a highly motivated candidate to fill a full-time position that includes a variety of administrative functions for a Research Faculty member and laboratory of 20 junior fellows, technicians and students. For the right applicant, the position could also offer opportunities for dry or wet lab experience. Requires knowledge of various office software to produce reports, spreadsheets, presentations or other documents as needed. Requires knowledge of Institute policies and practices and may be required to interface with senior management, cross-organizations, internal and external customers and government and community officials, which require considerable tact and diplomacy.
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
With direct supervision, provides general administrative support as follows:
* Responsible for light typing, basic document preparation, data entry, and may handle mass mailing projects.
* Responsible for scheduling meetings for individuals supported, including conference room scheduling, Zoom meetings and occasionally organizing catering.
* Coordinates travel arrangements for individuals supported, as well as laboratory personnel, postdoctoral candidates and visiting speakers.
* Assists with the on-boarding of new staff members. Where applicable, assists in obtaining keys, lockers, lab coats, notebooks, identification, and training.
* Responsible for ordering of supplies and ensures equipment is maintained.
* Answers phones and directs calls to appropriate parties.
* Responsible for general office duties such as copying, filing, faxing, sorting mail, greeting and assisting visitors and maintaining the cleanliness of office area.
* May be asked to cover for other administrative support staff during absences.
* Perform duties related to other special projects as required.
* Prepares general correspondence, letters of recommendations, creates spreadsheets, revises existing PowerPoint presentations and maintains bio-sketches and CVs. Maintains shared Google docs/sheets, forms, and calendars.
* May be responsible for the recruitment support of candidates and coordinating performance review evaluations for staff and faculty.
* Prepares monthly expense reports, performs Financial reconciliations, interacts with sales representatives and processes requests for vendor payments and creates invoices.
* May be responsible for website maintenance as needed.
* May coordinate moves, meetings assignments, and timekeeping oversight.
* May assist in the training of new administrative support staff within the group.
* Coordinate and correspond with all lab members for lab-wide activities.
Job Qualifications: Bachelor s degree preferred. Minimum of 0-3 years relevant experience working in a medical or scientific research setting or comparable technology-oriented business environment is preferred. Demonstrated ability to draft correspondence and have exemplary oral and written communication skills. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required and relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Job Schedule: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.